The upcoming iFlight Commando 8 radio transmitter follows a similar gamepad style design as the Jumper T-Pro and RadioMaster Zorro. According to the rumored specs, it features an integrated high-performance ELRS radio module and a 4.000mAh battery that allows 24 hours continuous usage. While the 915MHz version has up to 1W power, the 2.4GHz only 500mW. On the back of the RC is a fan for active cooling.
The iFlight Commando 8 remote controller has also a second 100mW radio module that is compatible with Frsky D8/D16 and Futaba Multiprotocol radios.
In addition to the high-quality hall sensor gimbals, on the front panel, there is a status LCD, five status LEDs, and two 4D mini joysticks.
Price, availability, and options
The C8 transmitter can be ordered now from Banggood with a starting price of $149.99 (12% off). You can opt from 2.5G ELRS, 915 ELRS, or Base 2.4G+915MHZ ELRS.
iFlight Commando 8 core features
- Cool game-controller style design;
- Stock OpenTX firmware, update for EdgeTX in work;
- 8 radio channels;
- Internal iFlight ExpressLRS (ELRS) transmitter
- Highest quality hall sensor gimbals for maximum precision;
- High-performance Dual Band 900MHz / 2400MHz radio antenna compatible;
- Inbuilt 4.000mAh for up to 24h power (2x 2.000mAh 18650 batteries);
- Charging: Type-C 20W Quick Charge.
- First module: Frsky D8/D16 and Futaba Multiprotocol transmitter
- Supported Protocols: Futaba S-FHSS/Frsky D16/Frsky D8,
- Second module: ExpressLRS 915MHz or 2.4GHz (inbuilt in back of the radio)
- 2.4GHz system: CC2500/SX1280
- 915MHz system: SX1276
- Antenna: High-performance Dual-Band Antenna(915MHz+2.4GHz)
- ExpressLRS 2.4GHz 10-25-50-100-250-500mW
- ExpressLRS 915MHz 100-250-500-1000mW
- Multiprotocol transmitter: Max. 100mW