The latest addition to the DJI Mini drone series is here, and it comes with some cool upgrades. The Mini 2 SE is an entry-level and ultraportable palm-sized camera drone priced at only $369 for the basic package (or $519 in the Fly More Combo kit). DJI advertised the second-generation MINI2 to be the perfect balance between ease of use, portability, reliability, and affordability, of course.
Being a budget camera drone, it comes equipped with a 1/2.3-inch CMOS image sensor that takes video at 2.7K and delivers photos at 12MP. The advanced gimbal enables a 3-axis mechanical stabilization system for consistently smooth imagery. The powerful camera enables 4X digital zoom allowing you to transition between shots of varying distances and compositions when shooting HD videos.
The most significant upgrade of the new DJI Mini 2 SE is its communication system. While the original MINI SE used some “Enhanced WiFi” system with a 4K range, the MINI V2 SE has OcuSync 2.0 transmission system with a 10km range.
The Mini2SE has a maximum flight time of 31 minutes and easy-to-use flight control features such as one-tap takeoff/landing, stable hovering, and failsafe GPS return to home (RTH). Aerial photography enthusiasts will appreciate QuickShots autonomous flight modes and Panorama modes.
- [Sub-249 grams]: An ultra-light, foldable drone that weighs less than 249 g that is regulation friendly
- [DJI O2 Transmission technology]: A maximum video transmission range of 10 km with excellent anti-interference capabilities
- [High-quality imaging]: A 3-axis gimbal and 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor that takes 12MP and photos shoots video at 2.7K HD
- [Extended flight time]: Offers a 31-minute maximum flight time
- [Intuitive flight controls]: Offers one-tap takeoff and landing, stable hovering, return to home feature
- [Intelligent features]: QuickShots and Panorama deliver creative shooting possibilities
- [Powerful with Level 5 wind resistance]: At a wind speed of 10.7 m/s, the aircraft can still hover steadily and keep images stable