Update: After 6 months of the original Dragonfly’s announcement, a new rebranded model came on the market. The new JJRC X15 Dragonfly 2020 follows the KK13 in every design detail. It is practically the same drone in a different box.
The Dragonfly KK13 drone features Parrot Anafi alike foldable design and it will be available with two types of camera. While the 1080P version is advertised for $159.99, the 4K UD edition can be purchased for 169.99 – I think the extra 10 bucks are worth being spent for a better camera. Both camera versions feature 2-axis mechanical stabilization and WiFi real-time image transmission.
Thanks to the wide range of tilt/pan angle adjustment (±85° – total of 170°) you can remotely switch from front view to ground view, or even to sky view – quite unique feature.
At the end of each foldable arm, there is a 1406 type brushless motor driven by a 12A ESC. The powerful propulsion system allows max flight speed of 30Km/h and winds of force 7.
Dragonfly KK13 / JJRC X15 features & specs
- Folding bionic design (similar to Parrot Anafi);
- Powerful brushless motors (1406 25.16 w);
- 7-level wind resistance;
- Super stable hovering (GPS + Optical flow + Pneumatic);
- 4K camera (Sony IMX378 sensor);
- 2-axis mechanical image stabilization;
- Remote angle adjustment (±85°);
- Smart flight modes (Surround, Far Away, Follow up and Gesture controls);
- Fail-safe return to home (Low battery & RC connection loss);
- Up to 1200 meters control range;
- About 28 minutes of flight time.
Price & Availability
Now you can pre-order the KK13 4K drone for $169.99 – this price includes a remote controller, flight battery, and spare propellers. The new, 2020 JJRC X15 can be ordered from Banggood for US$229.99 with 3 batteries.
- KK13 drone;
- Remote Control;
- 7.6V/3000mAh aircraft battery;
- USB Charging Cable;
- One pair of spare propellers
- Storage Bag;
- Drone Manual.