The official announcement of the new GoPro Black 11 Mini camera is scheduled for 14 September 2022. By accident, a Spanish consumer electronics store already offers it for preorders. They revealed all the essential features and technical specifications of this new compact drone camera.
According to the teaser video below, the 11 series from GoPro comes in two sizes. In a standard form factor -probably identical with the GoPro 10 and a more compact size named ‘Mini’ that seems to be a successor of the discontinued ‘Session’ series. It seems that both of the 11-series models will use the GP2 processor from last year, which can handle 5.3K video at 60fps, 4K at 120fps, and 2.7K at 240fps. It can also do live streams at 1080p. HyperSmooth stabilization will be updated to v5.0.
The most significant difference between the GoPro Hero 11 and the GoPro 11 Mini is around the display. While the full-size GP11 comes with two displays (selfie/front and primary/back), the GP 11 MINI comes without any live-view screen. It has only a tiny LCD on top for settings and configuration. When you use an action camera installed on a drone or on top of your helmet, the LCD screen is practically useless. I think GoPro designed their new compact action cam for these scenarios.
GoPro 11 Mini key features
- Small, Light + Simple: You’ll get unreal point-of-view footage from a camera that’s more comfortable to wear and easier to attach to gear;
- Latest GP2 processor: Powerful and versatile (Same GP2 processor as its full-size brother);
- 1-Button Simplicity: HERO11 Black Mini has the same incredible video performance as our flagship camera, but it’s even easier to use. Just point and shoot, and you’ll record a stunning 5.3K video—our highest resolution. You can stay present at the moment while capturing and can continuously adjust video settings later in the Quik app;
- Dual mounting options: Dual-mounting fingers on the bottom and rear of the camera give you more options for the perfect low-profile setup;
- Tougher Than Ever: HERO 11 Mini is entirely wrapped in a tough outer shell, making this one of the most durable GoPros in history;
- Emmy Award-Winning Video Stabilization: HyperSmooth 5.0 raises the bar for in-camera video stabilization, giving you impossibly smooth footage no matter how rough it gets;
- Longer-lasting battery is built-in: Enduro battery technology is built-in, which dramatically improves cold-weather performance while boosting runtimes in moderate temps.
- Built-in Horizon Lock: Your horizon will stay level even if the camera tilts while recording. And now that Horizon Lock is a built-in part of HyperSmooth 5.0, it’s easier than ever to keep the horizon steady and consistent when your camera rotates a full 360°;
- Cinematic 5.3K. 24.7 megapixels. 1 billion colours: HERO11 Black Mini makes capturing unbelievable image quality super simple. Get a professional look for everything you shoot with a 5.3K video at 60FPS. And you can share your high-res videos on social media with ease;
- Up to 8x Slo-Mo: Catch details you’d never see at average speeds—slow things way down to 8X slo-mo while keeping ridiculously high 2.7K video resolution. Or ramp up the resolution to 4K at 4X slo-mo.
GoPro Black 11 Mini specifications
|Dimensions||2.1 x 2 x 1.5″ / 5.3 x 5.2 x 3.8 cm|
|Weight||4.7 oz / 133 g|
|Sensor size||27 megapixel|
|Recoding formats||5.3K@60fps. 4K@120fps & 2.7K@240fps|
|Connections||Wifi, Bluetooth, USB-C, GPS|
Price and availability
According to the rumoured price, the new GoPro Hero11 Black Mini costs 449 euros in Europe, which is 100 euros less than the “normal” Hero11, which costs 549 euros. The Hero 11 MINI will be available for orders starting on 25 October!
GoPro Hero 11 Mini was $200 for a day. I ordered two, best deal ever!
My hero mini 11 keeps resetting out of th box. Any idea?
you should try installing the latest firmware.
The GoPro mini 11 is the best camera for FPV
Ordered two, just in case
Honestly not sure why I bought one of these. it is slightly lighter than Hero 11 and has no screens
finally available for pre-orders, $299
quoted from gopro: “HERO11 Black Mini’s smaller size and simple one-button design make it the perfect choice for people who want maximum simplicity without sacrificing even a hint of performance or quality”, So it looks like the two cameras have the same hardware inside excepting the displays.
It’s Mini but too heavy!
Love the ‘primetime’ content you put out mate. Cheers!
I rarely use my screen on my GoPros. For most of the time, they stay on my FPV drone. This ‘MINI’ edition is a must-purchase camera for me.
Curious if the mini also has the webcam feature. I use it all the time with my GP9. Would be amazing for the mini to have it as well. I really hope so.
Yes, without a screen the GoPro 11 MINI would be a great “emergency” webcam.
does the MINI have a 10bit mode like the full-size Hero 11 Black?
The GoPro 11 Mini is available to purchase only starting on 25 October!
Bones has only 54 grams! So, anything over 100grams is useless.
for that size, I expect a weight of 100grams. Nice try, but still heavy for 2.5″ CineWhoops!
Still way within an acceptable range for a 5inch ripper