Table of Contents
iFlight just announced a compact long-range FPV drone named Chimera4LR, with onboard GPS positioning. The iFlight Chimera4 LR features a versatile SucceX-E mini F4 flight stack with 35A ESC and ultra-light XING 1404 3800KV motors.
While its 7″ brother is powered by 6s batteries, the smaller 4-inch version by 4s LIPOs. According to the advertised specs, with a 4S/850mAh LIPO pack, the iFlight Chimera4 LR can achieve up to 15 minutes of airborne time.
In addition to the onboard Caddx Nebula Nano camera, there is room to install a lightweight naked (without housing) GoPro camera.
Price and availability
Starting with October 2020, the long-range Chimera4 can be ordered from Banggood with 6% off for $299 plus shipping fee. For the TBS Crossfire edition, you will need to pay extra 29 bucks.
iFlight Chimera 4″ LR drone features and specs
- 4-inch compatible carbon fiber frame (178mm wheelbase);
- Sub 250 grams long-range quadcopter;
- SucceX-E mini F4 flight controller
- 35A 4in1 ESC;
- XING 1404 3800KV Ultralight brushless motors;
- GPS positioning system and GPS rescue mode;
- Naked for GoPro ready;
- Caddx Nebula Digital HD System;
- Optional TBS Crossfire Nano RX radio receiver;
- 4S LIPO compatible (up to 15 min using 850mAh pack).
iFlight Chimera4 parts technical specifications
Chimera4 frame kit specs
- Wheelbase: 178mm;
- Main body dimension: 136.8*114.8mm;
- Bottom to top distance: 28mm;
- Arm thickness: 4mm;
- Bottom plate thickness: 4mm;
- Top plate thickness: 2mm;
- TPU Camera plate thickness: 2mm;
- FC: 25.5*25.5mm/20*20mm/16*16mm;
- FPV Cam: 19mm Micro / 20mm.
2. SucceX-E mini F4 flight controller specs
- MCU: 168MHz STM32F405;
- Gyro: MPU6000;
- Firmware: BETAFLIGHTF4;
- Blackbox: 8MB;
- Betaflight OSD: YES;
- BEC: 5V 2.5A;
- Uarts: 5;
- ESC Telemetry: yes;
- INA Pad: nuart 2;
- Input voltage: 2-6S
- Size: 25*25mm /20*20mm φ3 mounting;
- Weight: 4 grams.
3. ESC specs
- MCU: BB21 F16G
- Capacitance: 470uF/50V;
- Current Sensor: Yes;
- Input: 2-6S LIPO;
- Constant: 35A / Burst: 40A;
- BEC: No;
- Supports up to Dshot600, Proshot, Oneshot, Multishot;
- Target: G-H-30;
- Dimensions: 31*30mm (including the power pads);
- Weight: 6.9 grams.