After I watched FinalGlideAus amazing freestyle flight video with the Vortex 230 Mojo drone, I could’n resist to write about it. ImmersionRC claims that, in order to test their new coating protection of the electronic parts, he flew through whale-spit. In my opinion probably was only a coincidence but, still an extraordinary footage.
Additional to the FatShark Gen3 600TVL FPV camera, using the optional TPU camera mount, you can install a GoPro Hero camera on front of the ImmersionRC Vortex 230.
Video credit to FinalGlideAus
No receiver included, but at least ImmersionRC includes with the Vortex 230 Mojo 3 types of radio cables: PPM, S-Bus and Spektrum.
An integrated full-graphic OSD provides in-flight updates of critical flight parameters. You can also have the option to change some settings right in the field using the transmitter and a FPV screen.
ImmersionRC Vortex 230 Mojo features and specs
- Optimized for Freestyle by FinalGlide and GAPiT;
- Durable carbon fiber frame with optional GoPro camera mount;
- Twin ‘F3’ Processors (Flight Control and OSD);
- Full Graphic OSD, with EzOSD pedigree;
- 4th Gen 32bit 30A EzESCs with DSHOT support ( OneShot125, OneShot42, MultiShot, rotorSENSE);
- ImmersionRC Tramp HV FPV Transmitter with adjustable output power (up to 600mW);
- Professional FatShark Gen3 600TVL CCD Camera with HS1177 image sensor;
- Direct connection to PPM, Spektrum, S-Bus and XBus receivers;
- RGB status LEDs;
- Suitable for 4S Li-Po batteries.
According to the manufacturer’s specs, the Vortex 230 Mojo is compatible with 4s Li-Po batteries. I bet the Tattu R-Line with 95C battery could power it perfectly. The high discharge rate allows extreme punch-outs.
Vortex 230 Mojo main parts
- 230 mm sized carbon fiber frame;
- Optional TPU GoPro camera mount;
- STM32F303 based F3 flight controller with full graphic OSD;
- BrotherHobby R3 2206-2300 brushless motors;
- HQ 5×4.3 3-Blade Propellers;
- 30A EzESC Gen4 ESCs with DSHOT;
- FatShark Gen3 600TVL camera;
- ImmersionRC Tramp HV FPV Transmitter with TNR Touch N Race Wand NFC programmer;
- 5.8G antenna;
- Battery velcro tape;
- PPM, SBus and Spektrum radio cables.