Now that Santa has brought everyone the wished quadcopter let’s see what we could wish for next year :). This JYU Hornet S seems to be the ideal gift as it is an all-in-one concept. It comes with a 3-axis brushless gimbal, 12 MP camera, and FPV goggles.
I’ve just read that, beginning with 2016, in the US, everyone who owns a drone between .55 lbs. and 55 lbs must register it (read more here: FAA.gov). Registration officially begins on December 21 so don’t forget to register your quadcopter received on Christmas because the pecuniary penalties are big.
Compared to the offered features, this JYU Hornet S quadcopter has a very small size (232 mm x 232 mm). The basic version can be used without additional landing skids that provide a very sporty design. Anyway, the advertised 120 km/h flight speed seems unbelievable…
The quadcopter’s remote controller has a simplistic but very elegant design. On top of the transmitter, there are two rubber ducky antennas to ensure stable radio coverage.
Besides the built-in 700 TVL FPV camera, this quadcopter can be equipped with a 3-axis brushless gimbal and 12 MP camera for aerial filming.
This quadcopter will be available in four package combinations:
- JYU Hornet S Basic – without gimbal;
- JYU HornetS Aerial – With brushless gimbal and 12 MP camera;
- JYU HornetS FPV – Basic package with 700 TVL camera, 5.8 GHz TX, and 4.3″ FPV LCD screen;
- JYU Hornet S Deluxe- Aerial package with 5.8 GHz real-time image transmission and FPV goggles.
Updates on 02.05.2016
Now, you can find the “Basic version” for $229 and the “Deluxe” package with FPV glasses for $440. Unfortunately, spare parts are still not available…
JYU Hornet S features and specs
- 6 axis gyroscope;
- One key return to home;
- One key take-off;
- Dual-GPS auto-positioning system (GPS and GLONASS);
- Auto hovering;
- Circle hovering;
- Complete 5.8GHz real-time image transmission (only FPV package);
- Smart Li-Po battery;
- About 20-25 minutes flight time;
- Up to 1km control range in the open field.
- LED lights for better orientation;
- 6030 propellers;
- 2204 brushless motors;
- Available colors: white, black, and red.
JYU Hornet S FPV package includes
- 2.4GHz Remote controller;
- 700TVL FPV camera;
- 4.3″ 5.8GHz FPV Screen ;
- 2500mAh 3s Li-Po battery;
- Battery charger;
- Dedicated backpack;
- JYU Hornet S user manual.
It is JYU not JUI :)
Love how the JYU Hornet S transmitter looks, I found the FPV version with screen for $259 at GB so I might go for it.
Where can the aerial camera version be purchased?
I’m flying this bird for couple of months now, here few things what I liked:
– out of the box is a quality product;
– fantastic flight characteristics;
– nice design that help in orientation;
– FPV works great.
My only concerning is regarding spare part and that the JYU Hornet transmitter has a built-in battery.
From the remote control on the ground, it can perform functions to record video or take pictures with the camera 700 TVL FPV?
As I know the basic version of the JYU Hornet S can’t record videos, only the one equipped with Full HD 1080P camera.
BTW, how it flies? maybe you can help as to write a mini review of this Hornet S quad…
it flies but very unstable in GPS mode and there is no chance to edit the PID values.
Emails with the developer are very bad or no answer!
Bus cheap and you buy 2 times
Y a til des pièces détachées car je ne trouve rien
There are spare parts available??
the JYU HornetS is a very new quad model and probably there are no spare parts for it (yet)