The upcoming Caddx Walnut drone seems to be a serious competitor to the discontinued GoPro Session 5 and RunCam 5. Measuring just 38x36mm is also a great GoPro 11 Mini alternative -don’t mention that it weighs only 60 grams with a built-in battery!
According to the rumors, it will be available for orders in October 2022 with a starting price of $179. The Caddx Walnut comes in a nice carry case, with included charging cable, magnetic data/charging interface, two ND filters, and a dedicated drone mount.
The Caddx Walnut can record 4K@60fps or 1080P@120fps videos with up to 100Mbps bit rate. It supports micro SD cards of up to 256GB. Thanks to the built-in WIFI connectivity can be controlled wirelessly from your smartphone. Being Gyroflow compatible, you can achieve smooth footage even when installed on your favorite FPV drone.
Price and availability
The Walnut 4K drone camera can be ordered for $179.00 from Caddx and popular RC retailers such as Banggood.
- Lightweight, durable construction, only 63.4g.
- Recording 4K@60fps videos with up to 100Mbps bit rate;
- Power supply/charging/data transfer via magnetic coupling
- Built-in battery for standalone operation;
- Screw-mounted filters (UV/ND8/ND16 included);
- Start/stop recording by a physical button or flight controller;
- Supports Gyro Flow with gyro data and lens correction for stabilized videos.
- Image Sensor: 1/2.3inch HDR Sensor
- Supported Resolutions:
- 4K/30fps (4/3)
- 2.7K/30fps (4/3)
- Field of view (FOV): 150°
- Video File Format: MP4
- Audio: Yes
- WiFi: Yes
- Camera Bitrate: Max 100M bitrate
- EIS: Gyroflow supported
- Video Encode: H264/H265
- Language: Auto
- Image Rotate: support
- Recording time: 4K/60fps (30min)
- Battery Capacity: 600mA
- Waterproof Rating: IP64
- Power Input: USB Type-C, 2S-6S BEC, Magnet
- SD Card: Max 256GB
- Dimensions: 38mm*36mm
- Weight: 60grams