Walkera VITUS, a serious competitor of the DJI Mavic Pro
Walkera, one of the biggest player on the drone market, recently announced their new model with MR (Mixed Realty) called “Vitus”.
The Walkera Vitus will be available in two variants, a “Deluxe” and a “Lite” edition. While both models come with 3-axis gimbal and 4k camera, only the VITUS Pro features obstacle avoidance. Both versions are delivered with the same Devo F8S transmitter.
In my opinion Walkera, through the Vitus drone, plans to offer an affordable alternative for the DJI Mavic Pro.
Being powered by a 5200mAh (3S) battery the advertised flight time is about 28 minutes.
Walkera VITUS features and specs
- Foldable design;
- Dual satellite-positioning system (GPS and GLONASS);
- 3-axis gimbal (-90°~0°pitch);
- UHD camera (Sony:1/2.3″ CMOS and FOV 85°);
- Up to 4000×3000 (12MP) photo resolution;
- Up to 3840×2160@30fps video resolution;
- 5.8G Wi-Fi digital video transmission system (FPV);
- Infrared and optical sensors;
- Obstacle avoidance (only Deluxe edition);
- Intelligent flight modes (like: Hand-gesture selfie, Smart follow/Active track);
- AR Games with Vitus APP;
- Mixed Virtual Reality;
- About 1.5Km control range in open field;
- Up to 28minutes of flight autonomy.
Walkera VITUS package content
- 3S & 5200mAh Li-Po battery;
- Battery charger and power cable;
- Devo F8S Transmitter with phone holder;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- Micro-USB data cable;
- Stand Cushion A/B;
- Tool kit;
- User manual.
Do you repair or service the Walkera Vitus drones?
Sorry, we don’t. FirstQuadcopter is a drone-related blog…
They just announced the Walkera VITUS Starlight with obstacle avoidance, very promising!