Retailing for a very reasonable $299, the new Elegoo Neptune 4 Pro is one of the most promising FDM 3D printers running on Klipper firmware, attracting beginners and budget-focused DIYers. Its max speed was doubled from its predecessor’s 250mm/s to 500mm/s.
N4 Pro’s motherboard features and quad-core 64-bit 1.5GHz ARM processor that allows fast g-code file processing and motor control. The print files can be loaded offline through a micro SD card or online via USB or WiFi.
The 300°C high-temp nozzle with an extended hotend design to fully melt the filament, and you can explore a wider range of materials, such as PLA, PETG, ABS, TPU, and high-temp filaments like nylon and carbon fiber. The max print bed temperature was also increased from 100°C to 110°C. To handle the high printing speeds and high temperatures, the dual-gear direct drive extruder is equipped with a high-performance cooling mode -the most significant visual difference from the older Neptun 3 Pro, reviewed last year here on FirstQuadcopter.
ELEGOO Neptune 4 Pro features an intelligent segmented 235*235mm heated bed for added efficiency and energy-saving and a hotbed overheat protection switch to prevent thermal runaway from causing damage or fire. The print bed can be set to 100W to heat only the center area (120mmx120mm), making it ideal for smaller models. The bed can be set to 250W for larger models, heating the entire surface area.
The PEI magnetic platform features a special coating and spring steel sheet for good adhesion and anti-warping. Just gently bend the print steel plate to release or pop off the prints.
- [Pre-installed Klipper Firmware] The Neptune 4 Pro 3D printer is designed to be fast and efficient. It features a quiet Klipper motherboard and ARM 64-bit 1.5G main frequency quad-core processor for sufficient processing power, allowing it to print at an amazing speed of up to 500mm/s (recommended 250mm/s), and supports advanced functions like input shaping and pressure advance to achieve accurate and smooth models. The 8GB RAM can store over 400 models and quick access when needed.
- [Dual-Gear Direct Drive Extruder] The dual-gear direct drive extruder with a 5.2:1 reduction ratio for smooth and consistent extrusion, combined with the copper-titanium bi-metal throat pipe and unique air duct design, improves heat dissipation and reduces nozzle clogging.
- [300°C High-temp Nozzle] With a high-temperature nozzle reaching 300°C, the printer can handle many filaments, including PLA, PETG, ABS, TPU, and nylon. The extended hot end design ensures consistent heating and faster melting and extrusion, resulting in faster printing speed.
- [Intelligent Segmented Heatbed]With 100W+150W power output, the slicing software automatically recognizes the model’s size during slicing and activates the peripheral heating zone if the model size exceeds the central heating zone (120mmx120mm). The two partitions can also be turned on and off manually for more precise temperature control. Additionally, the surface of the PEI magnetic platform is marked for guidance.
- [Auto Bed Leveling + Auxiliary Leveling] With 121 (11×11) points auto bed leveling, you can achieve consistent and reliable prints every time without the need for manual bed leveling. Additionally, the auxiliary leveling by hand-twist knobs allows for further fine-tuning of the print bed’s level for improved print quality.
- [Efficient Heat Dissipation] It features two thickened double-sided 4015 ball-bearing cooling fans and 4×4020 ball-bearing blower fans behind the print head for rapid omnidirectional cooling of the newly printed layers to prevent warping and improve the overall print quality even at a fast printing speed.
|Frame material||CNC-machined aluminum extrusion|
|Modeling technology||FDM(Fused Deposition Modeling)|
|Printing Speed||30-500mm/s (Suggested Speed: 250mm/s)|
|PEI Magnetic Platform area size||235*235mm|
|MAX. nozzle temperature||300° Celsius|
|MAX. hotbed temperature||110° Celsius|
|Filament compatibility||PLA, ABS, TPU, PETG, Wood, Marble, Nylon, etc|
|Connection Method||USB and WLAN|