Even though most consumer drones come with only one camera, most content creators crave multi-camera drones like this new DJI Mavic 3 Pro. This drone allows you to create amazing aerials from three different perspectives easily.
The Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro Cine utilize a unique Tri-Camera System. Essentially there are three different optics and sensor combinations in a triangular configuration. The idea behind this is to increase the drone’s flexibility and allow users to capture various shots at various focal lengths. The three cameras, although independent of each other, are housed in the same 3-axis mechanical gimbal.
DJI states that the Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro Cine use Hasselblad’s Natural Colour Solution (HNCS), which was introduced with the Mavic 2 Pro. The Mavic 3 can capture up to 1 billion colors using the 10-bit D-Log color profile. To handle the large amounts of data from the ProRes codec and high frame rate videos, the Mavic 3 Pro Cine comes with a built-in 1TB SSD. A DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed Data Cable will help speed up transfers of large files from the SSD to your computer.
The Mavic 3 Pro series has a claimed maximum flight time of up to 43 minutes (no wind & flying at 15.5mph / 25kph). This is slightly less than the 46 minutes of its predecessors.
DJI uses on the M3Pro their APAS 5.0 obstacle avoidance system that combines inputs from six fish-eye vision sensors and two wide-angle sensors, which continuously sense obstacles in all directions and plan safe flight routes to avoid them. DJI claims this even works in complicated environments. Furthermore, the Mavic 3 Pro comes with a positioning algorithm that improves hovering precision with signals from GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou satellites.
- 3-Axis Gimbal with Tri-Camera System
- Tri-Camera Apple ProRes Support
- D-LOG, D-LOG M & HLG Post Processing
- Seven Intelligent Flight Modes (FocusTrack, MasterShots, QuickShots, Panorama, and more)
- Flagship O3+ Transmission with 15km (9.3-Mile) Range
- Compatible with DJI RC and DJI RC pro controllers
- Omnidirectional Avoidance with APAS 5.0
- 43-Min Max Flight Time
Unrivaled Tri-Camera Flagship Imaging
- [24mm Hasselblad Wide-Angle]: The 20MP Hasselblad camera remains, with its adjustable f/2.8 to f/11 aperture and large 4/3 CMOS sensor for reduced noise in low-light situations. It offers 5.1K video resolution at 50 fps and incorporates the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS) to capture and produce true-to-life colors in your media. When post-processing, you can use D-Log, D-Log M, and HLG.
- [70mm Medium Telephoto]: The new camera in the tri-cam system, this 48MP lens offers an f/2.8 aperture and 1/1.3″ CMOS for an excellent day and night shots. Video is captured in 4K at 60 fps, and you can get clearer midrange shots with a 3x optical zoom. D-Log M and HLG are supported for efficient post-production, and it’s capable of taking advantage of Night Mode, ActiveTrack, and Hyperlapse shooting modes.
- [166mm Telephoto]: This 12MP full telephoto lens returns, but with an updated aperture of f/3.4, letting more light in for better low-light performance using its 1/2″ CMOS. It also improves its 4K fps from 30 to 60 for smoother video and incorporates a 7x optical zoom for clear close-ups.
The Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro Cine can record 5.1K video at up to 50fps and 4K DCI at up to 120fps. They can also record 1080p up to 200fps, but that is limited to H.64/H.265.
Range and battery life
- [15km HD Video Transmission]: DJI O3+ supports a transmission distance of up to 15 km and a 1080p@60fps live video feed for smoother control.
- [43-Min Max Flight Time]: Mavic 3 Pro gives you more confidence to fly further while enjoying aerial photography creation. Execute every step during a single flight.
Pricing, availability, and options
The new Mavic 3 Pro Series includes two base versions: M3 Pro and M3 Pro Cine.
- Mavic 3 Pro with DJI RC – $2,199.00
- Mavic 3 Pro Fly More Combo with DJI RC – $2,999.00
- Mavic 3 Pro Fly More Combo with DJI Pro RC – $3,889.00
- Mavic 3 Pro Cine Premium Combo with DJI Pro RC and 1TB SSD – $4,799.00
Thanks for showing the details about the Mavic 3 Pro. That triple-camera will help creative with shots.
This is perfect for wildlife close-ups!