Realacc 021 Lego alike, building bricks mini drone
Lately I wrote about many building bricks drones but this Realacc 021 will be actually the first one that I personally build, review and test. I just placed my order and I’m waiting for it :)
As I previously mentioned, the fact that a quadcopter comes in parts should not scare you. Especially that we are talking about Lego alike building bricks. I think we all grew up with these type of creative toys.
These days, building your own flying machine is not a rocket science anymore. Parts are cheap and easy to find for everyone.
Roughly, a basic quadcopter drone like this Realacc 021 has 4 main parts: airframe, flight controller, radio receiver, propulsion system (motors and propellers) and power source (battery). Additionally you will need a transmitter that allows you to remotely control the aircraft’s flight movements.
Realacc 021 DIY drone highlights
- Easy to build and affordable DIY drone kit;
- Safe for indoor flights;
- Frontal LED light;
- 6-axis gyro stabilization;
- Up to 5 minutes play time.
The included transmitter is small and very bulky, which is not surprising for such a cheap RC toy. No status LCD on front panel, just trimming buttons and power switch.
Realacc 021 package content / Main parts
- Flight controller with integrated receiver;
- 1 set of spare propellers (2 x black and 2 x red);
- 3.7V 300mA Li-Po battery;
- USB battery charger;
- 4 pieces of brick arms with mounded motors and propellers (2xCW and 2xCCW);
- Set of “Lego” alike construction bricks;
- Transparent windscreen;
- User manual.