For Christmas 2021, ZLL announced two new drones, the SG908 Max aka KUN 2 and SG908 Pro aka KUN 1. Both quadcopters feature an identical folding design, a 4K camera with a 3-axis gimbal, and a laser-guided obstacle avoidance system (OA). In addition to the primary camera, they have a second one on the belly of the fuselage that serves as an optical flow positioning sensor.
Apparently, the only difference between these two ZLL drones is the communication system. While the ZLL SG908 Pro uses standard 5GHZ WIFI Drone to Phone video transmission, the ZLL SG908 MAX’s transmitter has repeater mode (Drone > RC > Phone) that doubles the range (1200meters vs. 3000 meters).
Both drones are powered by a 2S 3400mAh battery that provides around 26 minutes of flight time. The LIPO pack has 4 charging level indicator LEDs and a USB charging port.
In addition to the standard flight modes (Fixed point around, Dot hovering, Smart Follow, and Waypoint flight) they feature Soaring, Far away, and Spiraling Upward creative flight modes.
ZLL SG908 MAX\Pro features and specs
- Backpack friendly cool folding design;
- Strong brushless motors;
- 360° Laser obstacle avoidance system;
- Dual positioning system (GPS + Optical Flow);
- 4K camera with 3-axis gimbal;
- 5GHz WIFI real-time image transmission;
- Intelligent flight modes (Fixed point around, Dot hovering, Smart Follow, Waypoint flight, Soaring, Far away, and Spiraling Upward);
- About 26 minutes of battery life;
- 1200 meter (SG908 Pro) or 3000 (SG908 MAX) meters flight range.
Price and avalialbiltiy
Both ZLL SG908 Pro and SG908 Max can be ordered from Banggood with a starting price of $209.99\240.99. This price includes a remote controller, one flight battery, a set o spare propellers, and charging cables. If you need longer flight time you can also opt for the ‘Fly More Combo’ pack with 2 or 3 flight batteries.