First day of CES 2018 started with an interesting announcement: a $99 drone with 5MP camera. Yes, it is not a joke! Shenzhen RYZE Tech startup came up with the Tello drone based on technology from DJI and Intel.
Equipped with a high-quality image sensor, Tello’s 5MP camera shoots outstanding photos and videos. Thanks to EZ Shots, you can capture circle, 360 degree and up&away videos.
Weighting only 90 grams, Ryze Tello is suitable for both indoor and outdoor flights. The included propellers offer some extra protection in case you accidentally bump into something.
According to RYZE Tech, the Tello drone can stay airborne up to 13 minutes. The 1100 mAh LiPo battery can be recharged using any standard micro USB charger.
Say Hello to Tello (Promo video)
Thanks to the infrared and barometric sensors, the Tello quadcopter is capable to autonomously maintain its flight altitude. This feature is very helpful for kids who are just learning to fly a drone.
Ryze Tello features and specs
- Compact size with removable blade protectors;
- Intel Movidius Myriad 2 VPU;
- Brushed motors;
- Infrared High Hold Mode;
- Barometer High Hold Mode;
- Auto Take-off/Landing (Bounce mod);
- Vision positioning system;
- Low battery protection;
- LED Lights for night flights;
- 5MP camera with 82.6° FOV and EIS;
- WiFi HD 720P FPV;
- Up to 13 minutes flight time;
- About 100 meters control & FPV range.
For now, there is nothing mentioned about a compatible remote controller, so Ryze Tello will be probably limited to phone APP control.
What you get for $99
- Tello drone it self;
- 2 sets of propellers;
- 1 set of blade protectors;
- 3.8V, 1100mAh LIPO Battery;
- User manual.
When can you buy the Tello drone?
The Tello will be available for orders in US and other countries after March 2018.
Last update on 1/21/2018