Emax has recently announced the new PRO version of their popular Babyhawk R micro sized FPV racing drone. Like its predecessor, the Emax Babyhawk R Pro is also equipped with 1106 6000kv type brush-less motors. The motors are paired with Avan Rush 2.5″ 3-leaf propellers. As power source, Emax suggests 3s/450~650mAh batteries for the Babyhawk R Pro drone. IMHO, 4S LIPOs would be a bit overkill for this setup.
While the first batch of Babyhawk Pro was sent out with BetaFlight 3.3, the latest ones will be shipped with BetaFlight 3.5 firmware. Using this dump file you can do the upgrade by yourself. Note: Proceed with firmware upgrade only if you are familiarized with such things!
In front of the Babyhawk R Pro 120mm is located a mini FPV camera from Caddx. The angle of the camera can be adjusted in the range of 20-70 degrees. The real-time image transmission is achieved using a 5.8G VTX with switchable broadcast power (25-200mw).
Emax Babyhawk R Pro 120mm features & specs
- 120mm uni-body carbon fiber frame w/ protective canopy;
- Mini Magnum F4 2 Lite flight controller;
- Two on-board programmable RGB LEDs;
- 1106 6000kv Brushless motors;
- 4-in-1 20A BLHeli_S ESC;
- On board ESC Current Sensor;
- 25~200mW 5.8G VTX with Raceband Channels & SmartAudio;
- EMAX/Caddx S1 CCD FPV Camera;
- 3s 450~650mAh w/ 50C LiPo battery suggested;
- Optional D8 FrSky radio receiver.
The Emax Babyhawk R Pro quadcopter is available in two versions: PNP (no radio) and BNF (w/ D8 FrSky receiver).
Emax Babyhawk R Pro 120mm box content:
- Emax Babyhawk R Pro drone;
- 2 sets of EMAX Rush 2.5″ propellers;
- Screw pack;
- Camera adjusting board;
- Drone guide.