f the SMRC M20 had come equipped with brush-less motors, instead of less reliable brushed ones, it would be easily nominated as the best Mavic Mini alternative under $100. It features a compact and lightweight design, an onboard 4K camera, and excellent flight time.
SMRC M20 drone is available in 3 versions. The “most expensive” one, advertised at Banggood for $66.99, comes with a GPS positioning system and remote camera angle adjustment. “Basic” edition features optical flow positioning instead of satellite positioning and a fixed camera. All versions are available with 1, 2, or 3 flight batteries.
According to the advertised specs, the 1000mAh dual cell Li-Po pack allows about 17~30 minutes of flight time.
SMRC M20 GPS edition features a fail-safe return to home. In case of low battery or remote controller signal loss, the drone will return automatically to the take-off point. In case you lost your orientation, you can conveniently bring back the drone by pressing the “RTH” button as well.
SMRC M20 drone features and specs
- Compact size (170 x 80 x 53mm with folded arms);
- Only 230 grams take-off weight;
- On-board 4K camera with 5G wifi real-time image transmission;
- Remote camera angle adjustment (Pro version);
- GPS positioning system (Pro version);
- Intelligent flight modes (Smart follow, Surround shooting, and Way-point flight);
- Fail-safe auto return to home (only GPS edition);
- Creative MV mobile APP;
- About 17-30 minutes of flight time.
Included accessories with the M20 SMRC drone
- Remote controller w/ phone holder;
- 2 pairs of spare propellers with screws (2*A & 2*B);
- 1 set of blade guards;
- 7.4/1000mAh flight battery (1, 2 or 3);
- USB charging cable;
- Drone hand case;
- User Manual.