Airport Helipak™ backpack for 3DR Solo quadcopter and photo gears
Certainly 3DR Solo owners will appreciate Think Thank Photo’s announcement regarding their new Airport Helipak backpack. Biggest advantage of this 3D Solo backpack is that you can carry not just your precious drone but also your photo gears and laptop.
In my opinion, besides the durability, the most important feature of such a product is the wearing comfort. “The number one complaint of drone users about their bags is that, after just a few hours, their bodies are rebelling from the pain,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO.
I already tested and reviewed the Airport Helipak for DJI Phantom which is very similar to this 3DR Solo edition. I can say that it is a comfortable and very practical backpack. After more than one year of usage still looks like new. All materials used seem to be very durable. My Canon DSLR also fits inside but only if I remove the lens.
Honestly because I’m traveling a lot by foot I prefer quadcopter backpacks instead of quadcopter hard cases – which has lack of extra carrying capacity and comfort.
The included seam-sealed rain cover will protect your investment even if you are caught by rain, which can happen very often if you are a mountain lover like me. Last time I carried my quad about 15 km just to capture some aerials above a beautiful remote location (not accessible by car).
3DR Solo Airport Helipak backpack highlights
- Specially designed for 3DR Solo quadcopter;
- Custom made dividers which allows you to reconfigure your backpack depending on what gear you’re carrying;
- Enough room for photo camera and accessories (DSRL or Mirrorless);
- Internal see-through mesh pockets for small accessories (like: propellers, screwdriver and cables);
- Large laptop compartment (up to 15″);
- Exterior water bottle and smartphone pockets;
- Included seam-sealed rain cover and rotor caps;
- YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers;
- Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating;
- 3D air mesh;
- Contoured adjustable harness with lumbar support articulated air-channel and removable padded waist belt;
- Robust handles.
Airport Helipak™ for 3DR Solo – Photo gallery
Image credits to Think Tank Photo.