Usually, I refuse to publish this kind of announcements, but checking the winner aerial films, I decided to make an exception this time. Frankly, these guys did a really great job. They show us that drones can do more than spy our neighbors, they can create Truly Art!
Drone Film Festival Australia & New Zealand presented by SanDisk 2017 winning films announced
The 2017 program of Drone Film Festival ANZ presented by SanDisk has announced the winning films for the year, after a 6 week tour and screening across Darwin, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Hobart, Adelaide, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. With 209 total film submissions received, from across 27 countries – the best drone short films of 2017 are:
- BEST DRONE FILM – Mixed Motion Project Ilko Illiev & Marin Kafedjiiski (Bulgaria) – watch here ;
- BEST ANZ FILM – Flying With Nature Sarah Coote (Australia) – watch here;
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY – Acrophobia: I’m Afraid Of Heights Philippe Woodtli (Switzerland) – watch here;
- BEST CONCEPT – Teila Celebration Lucas Zanotto (Finland) – watch here;
- BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS – NightChase Hadrien Picard (France) – watch here;
- BEST DIRECTION – Cala d’en Serra Drone Parkour Giles Campbell Longley & Kie Willis (United Kingdom) – watch here;
- BEST LANDSCAPE – Australia: The Eagle’s Eye Nick Robinson (Australia) – watch here;
- BEST SHOWREEL – KopterCam 2017 KopterCam (Finland) – watch here;
- BEST DOCUMENTARY – Permission To Fly Vivienne Smith & Erik Nachtrieb (United States) – watch here;
- BEST EXTREME SPORTS – Ice Call: Backyards Project Antoine Frioux (France) – watch here;
- BEST MUSIC – Drift Frank Dewaele (Belgium) – watch here;
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE – Let’s Go Shopping Mark Cocquio (Australia) – watch here;
The jury team had 14 members and included professionals from across the drone, tech, media and creative sector.
The 3rd annual edition of Drone Film Festival ANZ presented by SanDisk, will feature drone fly day demonstrations, guest speaker segments to schools, master class learning programs along with screening the best of 2018 short drone films from across the world. DFFANZ is accepting film submissions from Thursday 01 March 2018 via – www.filmfreeway.com/dffanz
unleash your imagination, use your drone!