MOZA just revealed their newest member of lightweight and compact gimbal lineup, the
AirCross 3, a lighter and more compact stabilizer for DSLR and mirrorless cameras. With the gimbal’s new foldable design, the AirCross 3 is easier to travel with, set up and use.
The third-generation Aircross gimbal is essentially four in one photo gear. Combining Classic Mode, Sling Mode, Dual-Handle Mode, and the Grip Extension, the AirCross 3’s upright one-handed design continues to pack a punch in the filmmaking world. Classic Mode keeps your camera stable for upright pan, pan-tilt follow shots while Sling Mode does the same for those must-have low angled shots. There is Dual-Handle mode for filmmakers who prefer to use a single vertical handle with one hand and a horizontal handle with the other. This allows greater control for capturing those cinematic moments. You can also seamlessly attach the AirCross 3 to the MOZA Slypod using the Grip Extension. Just attach the gimbal to the Slypod with the tripod thread underneath the pan motor and turn your AirCross3 into a slider.
The AirCross 3 folds down to the size of an A4 paper, 9in x 12in (10.63″x8.85″), for easier transport and storage. The impressive compact design allows you to pack the AirCross 3
down in a matter of minutes, making it easy to get ready for the next shoot. Although compact, the AirCross 3 is still powerful, featuring stronger motors and an updated Deep Red algorithm. Weighing just 3.3lbs(1.5kg), even with the tripod, and supporting rigs up to 7lbs(3.2kg), the AirCross 3 is capable of handling most full-frame mirrorless and DSLR cameras on the market.
- Foldable and Transformable – Moza AirCross III is essentially four gimbals in one.
- Classic configuration: One-handed gimbal design – a tried and tested formula which continues to pack a punch in the filmmaking world;
- Sling Mode: This configuration allows you to use the gimbal in an underslung capacity allowing you to get low shots of your subject. To use this configuration, you will need to unfold the handle until it’s in the locked position. At the bottom of the handle, you’ll see an angled thread mount. Attach one tripod foot/handle here and the other just underneath the pan motor (Where the handle joined previously). You will then be able to orientate the gimbal in sling mode and get filming;
- Dual-Handle Mode: This configuration is for filmmakers who prefer to use a single vertical handle with one hand and a horizontal handle with the other allowing greater control for those cinematic moments. To use this configuration simple, unfold the handle to 90 degrees until it locks and screw the tripod in below the motor;
- Grip Extension: This configuration is the perfect companion for any Slypod series owners out there. Essentially the handle of the tripod can be moved out of the way so that access can be made to the tripod thread underneath the pan motor. This allows for seamless integration with your Slypod.
- Next Level Function Interaction
- 4 Follow Modes: Pan Follow/Pan-tilt Follow/FPV/All-lock Follow with 5 Adjustable Speed Controls (Sports Mode 2.0);
- Upgraded UI Design – Graphic Sidebar Menu, Simple to Understand;
- One Shutter Button Control for All: Picture Taking & Recording
- Advanced Shooting Mode:
- Manual Position 2.0: Enabling this mode can manually pull and drag the camera to turn towards the shooting position and stay on, easy and quick to switch the shooting scenario or object. (Works on any follow mode);
- Sports Mode 2.0: 5 Adjustable Speed Control, no more limit. (Works on any follow mode);
- Inception Mode;
- Timelapse mode.
- Superior Build Quality & Upgraded Technology: The Moza Air Cross 3 has an improved design with a strengthened metal design which provides better tactility making it feel as if it’s an extension of your own arm.
- The motors have also been improved meaning that they will consume less power when not under load and last for much longer for all-day shooting;
- The Deep Red Algorithm makes the Moza Aircross 3 much better at attitude control, behaviours prediction and singularity unlocking which provides higher levels and stability and control over your shots.
- Outstanding battery life: The MOZA AirCross 3 is powered by a built-in 3500mAh high-capacity battery that provides up to 19 hours of run-time and can be fully charged in just 1.4 hours using a 9V 2A fast charger. For those who need even longer operation time, it can also be powered by an external USB power bank.
Price and Availability
Currently, the Moza AirCross 3 retails for $469 USD for the standard package.