Although the Aomway HD588 was announced about 1 year ago, it is still one of the most versatile FPV monitor that you can buy for its price. Generous 10″ LCD display, built-in 40CH diversity and integrated DVR with playback are the features that recommend this monitor.
The HD588 5.8G FPV comes with HDMI input which allows to be used together with DJI’s Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 series.
While on the right side of the FPV display can be found the DC IN, DC Out, AV In, Audio and AV Out connectors on the right side you can find the micro SD slot, HDMI In and USB connecter.
Checking the specs of the Aomway HD588 monitor I found out that it has about 50-90ms latency. In my opinion this issue can be caused by the DVR feature or the “live” video source analysis. Hopefully this impediment will be solved in the future by a firmware update.
Thanks to the playback feature you can review your flights right on the field. You can also play other type of videos, audios or even display text files from the USB input. The player interface is conveniently controlled through the mini joystick.
Aomway HD588 features and specs
- Large, 10″ IPS TFT LCD display;
- LED backlight, Sensitivity: 95dBm, Brightness: 450cd/m2, Contrast: 700:1;
- No blue, No flicker, No blank screen;
- Dual built-in diversity receiver module (40 channels);
- Up to 90ms latency :(;
- Dual antenna system (Half planar and Rubber ducky antenna);
- Auto search for active channel;
- Auto select NTSC/PAL video format;
- Adjustable aspect ratio;
- Vertical and horizontal rotation;
- Integrated stereo speakers with volume control;
- Integrated DVR for real time recording and playback;
- Micro SD memory slot (support up to 64GB);
- Removable 2400mah Li-ion battery;
- AV In/Out and HDMI input;
- USB port for multimedia displayer and firmware upgrade;
- DC In/Out.
Excepting the HDMI cable and micro SD card, the package of the Aomway FPV monitor includes everything you could need for a great FPV flight session.
Aomway HD588 package content
- 2400 mAh battery;
- 5.8G Rubbery ducky antenna;
- 5.8G Half planar antenna;
- Battery charger;
- AV In/Out cable (female RCA);
- AV In/Out cable (male RCA);
- Power adaptor cable;
- Diversity FPV monitor HD588 user manual.