Table of Contents
Since the official release of the Autel EVO Nano+ drone, its manufacturer brings new firmware upgrades almost every month. The new software not just fixes existing bugs but also enables new features.
Autel released a new firmware update that will bring much-requested features to their Lite and Nano Series. These features will include easily-accessible flight logs, voice notification options, as well as an increase in the maximum flight distance.
- Flight logs: They have improved the accessibility of flight logs within the Autel Sky App, making it easier for our users to access them and send them to our customer service team, should the need arise. From the Profile menu in the Autel Sky App, select Flight Log, then the clipboard icon in the upper right corner. From there you’ll be able to view three different types of logs: Flight Logs, RC Logs, and App Logs. Select the log menu you want, and you’ll be prompted to connect to the drone’s Wi-Fi. From there, you can quickly download specific logs straight to your smartphone. At this point, you can upload them to the cloud if our Customer Service or Maintenance team requests them for repairs or service. When uploaded, the files will be stored in a regional server. All customer data in the U.S. is stored on AWS servers in Texas.
- Voiceover Options: Users can now toggle voice notifications on and off for general alerts and obstacle avoidance alerts. From the Settings menu, navigate to Safety, then Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Voice Overs, and toggle the switch on or off.
- Distance Increase: The Nano and Lite series have now increased maximum flight distance by a factor of ten. The maximum distance can now be set up to 5000 meters.
V1.4.9 firmware release notes
The EVO Nano series firmware package V1.4.9 (Released on Aug 4, 2022) contains the following components update:
- Added flight log upload feature in Autel Sky
- Added the switch for voiceover and obstacle avoidance notification sound
- Added sound notification for the QUICK SHOT and ORBIT HYPERLAPSE when targeting
Bug Fixes and Optimizations
- Increased Flight Distance limit from 500m to 5000m
- Optimized flight performance of Nano and Lite series with propeller guards (Only supports flying in Standard mode)
Note: You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade.