BetaFPV is about to release its first radio communication system based on the ExpressLRS opensource project. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance. The BetaFPV ELRS Nano TX module will compatible with many popular remote controllers, including TBS tango 2, Frsky X-Lite series, and Jumper T-Lite.
BETAFPV ELRS Series features
- High-Performance Radio Control Link – one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance;
- Best possible link performance in both speed, latency, and range. This is achieved with an optimized over-the-air packet structure. This compromise allows ExpressLRS to achieve simultaneous better latency AND range compared to other options in the market. For example, ExpressLRS 2.4GHz 150Hz mode offers the same range as GHST Normal while delivering near triple the packet update rate;
- Support both 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz hardware options. At 900 MHz a maximum of 200 Hz packet rate is supported. At 2.4 GHz a blistering 500Hz is currently supported with a custom OpenTX build.
Specifications of BetaFPV ELRS Nano TX module
- Packet refresh rate: 25Hz/100Hz/500Hz;
- RF output power: 100mW/250mW/500mW;
- Frequency bands (Nano RF Module 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM;
- Frequency bands (Nano RF Module 915MHz/868MHz version): 915MHz FCC/868MHz EU;
- Input voltage: 5V~12V;
- USB port: Type-C;
- BETAFPV Nano TX module is compatible with the radio transmitter which has the nano module bay (AKA lite module bay, e.g. TBS tango 2, Frsky X9 Lite, Frsky X-Lite series, Jumper T-Lite).
Specifications of BetaFPV ELRS Nano radio receiver
- Telemetry power: 20dbm;
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM;
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 915MHz/868MHz version): 915MHz FCC/868MHz EU
Input voltage: 5V;
- Antenna connector: IPEX MHF;
- Size: 12mm*19mm;
- Weight: 0.7g (receiver only).
I expect to receive this kit for review in the following weeks, so stay tuned for more details!