When it comes to FPV drones, the performance of the camera is very important. While for aerial filming the image quality and recording capabilities are the most important things, for FPV flights latency and weight are the important features. Let’s be fair, Caddx Turtle V2 camera’s “Split” technology is not something new, but seems to provide the best results. It offers low latency video feed even during recording your flights.
The Caddx Turtle V2 camera is an excellent choice for smaller builds where weight is critical and you can’t use a secondary GoPro style DVR camera. The second generation Caddx Turtle camera is capable to record videos with up to 1920 x 1080 pixels at 60 frames per second.
Using the included 5D-OSD menu control board, you can fine tune the image quality of the camera. In addition, the Turtle V2 also features some kind of telemetry, it is capable to display the main battery’s voltage.
Caddx Turtle V2 core features
- 2-in-1 design (Low latency FPV camera + DVR);
- 1/2.7″ CMOS image sensor;
- Wide range of input voltage (DC 4.5-20V);
- OSD configuration menu;
- Built-in Fly OSD (battery voltage);
- 800TVL horizontal resolution;
- 1.8mm Turbo Eye Lens with 155 degree FOV;
- Electronic Shutter : PAL : 1/50-100,000 NTSC : 1/60-100,100;
- S/N Ratio: >60dB (AGC OFF);
- Mini Illumination: 0.01lux;
- Multiple video recording formats (1080P@60fp, 1080P@30fps or 720@60fps);
- Audio possibility;
- Up to 64GB micro SD card (suggested Class 10 or above);
- Red and Black color options.
As you can see in the image bellow, the Caddx Turtle V2 DVR board has dedicated pins for an external microphone. So, if you’d like to hear the noise of the motors, these pins makes it possible. According to the specs, the board accepts memory cards with capacity of up to 64GB (class 10 is suggested).
Caddx Turtle V2 package includes:
- Camera module;
- DVR board;
- 5D-OSD menu control board;
- Bracket for camera;
- 30 x 30mm mounting bracket;
- 4pin FPV Silicon Cable;
- Data cable (between camera and DVR);
- Internal hexagonal wrench;
- Manual + Warranty card.