Following the success of the CX-20 and CX-22, Cheerson announced a newer model called CX-23 with even nicer design and a fine pack of features. The Cheerson CX-23 drone comes with generous 14 minutes flight time and up to 500 meters control and FPV range.
Based on my good experience with Cheerson drones, I’m thinking to order this CX-23 for review. I’m curious to test how it performs their new half-inverted propulsion system. As you can see in the photo above, while the frontal motors are orientated “normally”, the rear ones are oriented up-side-down.
The Cheerson CX-23 quadcopter is offered with a nice combo FPV transmitter with excellent range. You can find on the front panel, besides the usual control sticks, another 6 buttons (Power ON/OFF, Return to home, One key to take off, One key to land, Camera and Mode). Additional to the status LCD (Telemetry) on top of the remote controller is located a 4’3″ 5.8G FPV monitor which allows to display the camera’s live video feed.
Thanks to the GPS positioning system, when the CX-23 is out of control range it will return autonomously to the take of point.
Cheerson CX-23 features and specs
- GPS positioning system;
- 1306 KV3300 brushless motors;
- Complete 5.8G FPV system (VTX and 4.3″ FPV monitor);
- OSD telemetry (flight altitude and speed, #satellites, battery level, etc.);
- Full HD 1920×1080 camera with angle adjustment;
- Circle hovering;
- Failsafe auto-return to home;
- Battery voltage alarm and safe landing;
- Up to 500 meters control and FPV range;
- About 14 minutes flight time.
Included with the Cheerson CX-23 drone
- Transmitter with 5.8G FPV screen;
- 7.4V 1200mAh Li-Po Battery;
- Battery charger with AC adapter;
- 2 pieces of spare propellers (CW and CCW);
- Landing Skids;
- USB data cable;
- Propeller fixing mount;
- Instruction guide.