With GPS positioning system, 4K camera and foldable design the Eachine EX4 could be an good alternative for the Mavic Mini. Besides the similar specs, the EX4 Aurora is advertised for half of the price of DJI’s most portable drone.
For stable hovering (indoor and outdoor), both drones features GPS positioning combined with optical/vision positioning. Also for super smooth videos, both cameras have 3-axis mechanical stabilization.
While the Eachine EX4 is powered by a 3S/2400mAh battery and has a 25 minutes flight time, the Mavic Arya has a smaller battery (2S/2600mAh), but longer flight time (30 minutes).
Eachine EX4 Aurora highlights
- Compact size with foldable arms;
- Stable hovering (GPS + Optical-Flow + Ultra-Sonic + Barometer positioning);
- 4K Camera (1920×1080 video and 4096×3072 photo resolution);
- 3-axis mechanical gimbal;
- Remote camera angle adjustment;
- 5G WiFi real-time image transmission;
- Up to 1200 meters and 1000m FPV range;
- About 25 minutes flight time.
Eachine EX4 vs DJI Mavic Mini
|Eachine EX4||DJI Mavic Mini|
|Folded size (L×W×H)||177x196x70mm||140×82×57 mm|
|Satellite positioning||GPS||GPS + GLONASS|
|Indoor Positioning||Optical-Flow + Ultra-Sonic||Vision Positioning (3 sensors)|
|Image sensor||1/3.2 CMOS||1/2.3” CMOS|
|FPV range||1KM||4KM-FCC or 2K-CE|
|Flight time||25 minutes||30 minutes|
IMHO, despite its much friendly price tag and 4K camera the Eachine EX4 can’t be a real alternative for the MINI. It is over 250 grams so will require FAA registration, range and battery life are shorter than the MINI has.