While, usually, the numbers in a drone’s model name refer to the diagonal size in millimeters measuring the distance from rotor to rotor (wheelbase), in case of the Eachine Tyro99 means exactly its price – $99.
The Eachine Tyro 99 DIY drone comes in parts and needs to be assembled by yourself. The KIT includes the frame, flight controller, ESC, motors, and FPV system. To get it in the air you will additionally need a radio receiver, transmitter and flight battery.
Based on a versatile F4 flight controller, the Eachine Tyro can be configured with multiple flight modes. While newbies can opt for Angle mode, expert pilots can have fun with Air mode. The flight controller supports BetaFlight \ Inva racing firmware.
The powerful 2150KV brushless motors are paired with Racerstar 5038 2-leaf propellers and 30A 4-in-1 ESC.
Eachine Tyro99 quadcopter features & specs
- 210mm carbon fiber frame (5mm arms);
- Versatile F4 flight controller;
- Powerful 2150KV Brushless Motors;
- 4 in 1 ESC (BLHeli_S supports Dshot600);
- 700TVL camera with 2.8mm lens;
- 5.8G 40CH VTX with switchable broadcast power (0mW/25mw/200mw/600mw);
- 3s-5s LiPo compatibility.
The 3K carbon fiber air-frame is very solid and consists in 5mm arms and 2mm bottom plate. During crashes, the 700TVL camera is well protected by two aluminium frame reinforcements.
The Eachine Tyro99 Kit is on sale now at US$99.00. Unfortunately, its status is still “Pre-order”, but based on its popularity I expect that the first batch will be send out till end of September 2018.
Eachine Tyro 99 DIY Kit content:
- 210mm carbon fiber frame kit;
- 1set of 2206 2150KV motors (2x CW, 2x CCW);
- 4 IN 1 30A BLHeli_S ESC;
- Customized F4 flight controller;
- 700TVL CMOS FPV camera;
- 5.8G 40CH VTX with switchable power;
- 2 pieces of battery strap;
- 5 sets of 5038 2-blade propellers;
- Eachine Tyro 99 manual
last update on 9/13/2018 (purchase link added)