The Neptune 3 MAX is Elegoo’s largest 3D printer and one of the most competitively priced large-size consumer FDM printers currently on the market. It features a 420x420x500 build volume, dual-gear direct drive extruder, 63-point auto-bed levelling, and PEI magnetic platform. The dream FDM printer of any hobbyist for under $500.
The Elegoo N3 MAX comes in the Neptune 3 series typical styling and features a dual-driver Z-axis mechanism for smooth movement of its Z-axis parts. The two stepper motors are kept in sync via a timing belt.
Levelling a bed that is 420x420mm needs both manual adjustment (using six hand-twist knobs) and 63-point auto bed levelling. The 420W high-power hotbed can quickly heat up to 100°C. The Neptune 3 MAX’s nozzle temperature reaches up to 260°C (500°F), allowing to use of most types of 1.75mm filament, such as PLA, PETG, ABS, and TPU.
Elegoo Neptune 3 MAX: Key features
- [Dual-Gear Direct Extruder] The dual-gear direct drive extruder with gears made of SUS303 stainless steel features adjustable extrusion force and a 3:1 reduction ratio, which ensures smoother filament feeding and stable & accurate printing, greatly reducing nozzle clogging and gear jumping problems. Ideal for printing PLA, PETG, ABS, and flexible filaments such as TPU.
- [Massive Print Volume] With the largest ever build volume of 420x420x500 mm /16.53×16.53×19.68 inches, ELEGOO Neptune 3 Max gives you generous printing space to let your creativity run wild, whether for printing larger models or printing in batches.
- [Auto Bed Leveling + Auxiliary Leveling] The non-contact high-precision sensor automatically scans 63 points of the hotbed to compensate for any unevenness and inconsistencies of the printing platform. You can also use the hand-twist knobs under the build platform for auxiliary levelling to achieve an excellent first layer.
- [Stable & Quiet Printing] The Z-axis is designed with dual lead screws and dual-motor drive for more stable and precise movement of the print head, and the double tie rod structure enhances the stability of the Z-axis gantry. With an STM 32-bit silent motherboard, the X/Y/Z/E axes are all driven by high-precision stepper motors to effectively reduce the printing noise under 50 dB.
- [PEI Magnetic Platform] PEI magnetic platform with a special coating and spring steel sheet for strong adhesion and anti-warping, so you can easily remove or eject the print models by slightly bending the print steel sheet. The 420W high-power hotbed can quickly heat up to 100°C.
- [Removable Capacitive Touchscreen] The 4.3-inch removable magnetic capacitive touch screen can be operated by hand-held or fixed on the base, with a print model preview function to preview the model image during printing and observe the printing progress, supporting a multi-language freely switch. There also comes with a drawer toolbox on the machine base to store tools used by the printer, such as an Allen wrench and nozzle accessories.