The Neptune 3 MAX is Elegoo’s largest 3D printer and one of the most competitively priced large-size consumer FDM printers currently on the market. It features a 420x420x500 build volume, dual-gear direct drive extruder, 63-point auto-bed levelling, and PEI magnetic platform. The dream FDM printer of any hobbyist for under $500.
The Elegoo N3 MAX comes in the Neptune 3 series typical styling and features a dual-driver Z-axis mechanism for smooth movement of its Z-axis parts. The two stepper motors are kept in sync via a timing belt.
Levelling a bed that is 420x420mm needs both manual adjustment (using six hand-twist knobs) and 63-point auto bed levelling. The 420W high-power hotbed can quickly heat up to 100°C. The Neptune 3 MAX’s nozzle temperature reaches up to 260°C (500°F), allowing to use of most types of 1.75mm filament, such as PLA, PETG, ABS, and TPU.
Elegoo Neptune 3 MAX: Key features
- [Dual-Gear Direct Extruder] The dual-gear direct drive extruder with gears made of SUS303 stainless steel features adjustable extrusion force and a 3:1 reduction ratio, which ensures smoother filament feeding and stable & accurate printing, greatly reducing nozzle clogging and gear jumping problems. Ideal for printing PLA, PETG, ABS, and flexible filaments such as TPU.
- [Massive Print Volume] With the largest ever build volume of 420x420x500 mm /16.53×16.53×19.68 inches, ELEGOO Neptune 3 Max gives you generous printing space to let your creativity run wild, whether for printing larger models or printing in batches.
- [Auto Bed Leveling + Auxiliary Leveling] The non-contact high-precision sensor automatically scans 63 points of the hotbed to compensate for any unevenness and inconsistencies of the printing platform. You can also use the hand-twist knobs under the build platform for auxiliary levelling to achieve an excellent first layer.
- [Stable & Quiet Printing] The Z-axis is designed with dual lead screws and dual-motor drive for more stable and precise movement of the print head, and the double tie rod structure enhances the stability of the Z-axis gantry. With an STM 32-bit silent motherboard, the X/Y/Z/E axes are all driven by high-precision stepper motors to effectively reduce the printing noise under 50 dB.
- [PEI Magnetic Platform] PEI magnetic platform with a special coating and spring steel sheet for strong adhesion and anti-warping, so you can easily remove or eject the print models by slightly bending the print steel sheet. The 420W high-power hotbed can quickly heat up to 100°C.
- [Removable Capacitive Touchscreen] The 4.3-inch removable magnetic capacitive touch screen can be operated by hand-held or fixed on the base, with a print model preview function to preview the model image during printing and observe the printing progress, supporting a multi-language freely switch. There also comes with a drawer toolbox on the machine base to store tools used by the printer, such as an Allen wrench and nozzle accessories.
When they ship to Hungary?
I really like this printer, and it has worked well for the price. Great for large models.
just got a message, that Max is back in stock!
The Neptune 3 MAX is an excellent 3D printer for its money, but buy it only if you have big projects in your mind. This thing is damn huge, and the power consumption is much more compared to its smaller brother.
The filament sensor positioning make feeding directly from a filament dryer impossible, and I think this must have for 40-60 hours of large prints.
What are the dimensions of the Neptune 3 Max machine?
What are the settings for 0.7 nozzle and 0.8?
with standard speed, takes an eternity to print large objects using n3 max.
Since I did my research, this 3D printer is my absolute favorite, with the best price/build volume ratio.