Foxeer, one of the must active player on the drone camera market, just announced their second generation GoPro Session alike camera. While the Foxeer Box 2 cam has the same size of its predecessor, it comes with a bit different design. This new version is completely black and will be capable to be used with ND filters. Instead of micro USB charging/data port it features the Type-C socket.
In addition to the 4k@30fps video recording, the Foxeer Box2 features slow-motion (4x and 8x) and time-lapse video modes.
Thanks to the WiFi and Bluetooth connections, the camera can be remotely controlled through your smartphone.
Foxeer Box 2 camera features & specs
- GoPro Session alike form-factor;
- Compact (40 X 40 X 40mm) and light weight (79g) design;
- F2.8 7G Aspherical lens with 155° field of view;
- Dual Core CPU (A17@1.25GHz+A7@800MHz);
- Sony IMX377 1/2.3″ Exmor-R COMS, 12MP, 1.55um image sensor;
- EIS (electronic image stabilization);
- Up to 4K@30 video resolution;
- SuperVision mode;
- Slow motion modes: 4X (1080P 120/100fps) or 8X (720P 240/200fps);
- Time-lapse video mode (1-60 seconds);
- Up to 60Mb/s bit rate;
- Spot, Multi-spot and center weighted spot metering modes
- Built-in 950mAh/3.8V battery;
- Wireless APP control;
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity;
- Type-C data/charging plug;
- HDMI out for TV connection;
- Optional waterproof case, Bluetooth remote controller, external microphone and UV Filters.
As you can see in the image bellow, the Foxeer Box 2 camera has only two buttons. One allows to power on/off the camera and the second one to control the camera. Micro SD slot, HDMI out and USB-C port are found on top of the camera behind of a removable flap.
Foxeer Box2 package content:
- Box 2 camera;
- Type-C data/charging cable;
- Curved adhesive mount;
- Flat adhesive mount;
- Standard frame;
- Mounting buckle;
- User manual.