UNICORN 220 – fast and durable racing quadcopter
Lately, I reviewed many racing quadcopters and I found them more interesting over the “regular” cruising quad-copters. There are good ones and bad ones but anyhow, I’m thinking to contact FPVStyle in order to test their praised Unicorn 220 too.
The FPVStyle UNICORN 220 features a nice durable carbon fiber frame. Between the upper and bottom plates there is a 3D printed plastic frame which is available in 3 different colors (for the moment).
In the front port there is located a 700 TVL camera with 120 degree field of view. In order to obtain the best field of view, the angle of the camera can be adjusted (+- 45 degree).
You can opt for 25mW (CE – Europe) or 200mW (FCC) 5.8G FPV transmitter according to your local radio frequency regulations.
In order to allow great stability and maneuverability, like many other racing quadcopters, the FPVStyle UNICORN 220 is based on the popular SP Racing F3 flight controller.
Powered by a 1300 mA Li-Po battery, the advertised flight autonomy is about 9 minutes.
FPVStyle UNICORN 220 features and specs
- Durable carbon fiber frame;
- F3 flight controller;
- Powerful 2204 brushless motors;
- 700 TVL on-board camera with 120 degree FOV;
- Optional 25 mW or 200 mW FPV TX;
- OSD (flight data/telemetry);
- Up to 1km control distance in open field;
- About 9 – 10 minutes flight autonomy.
UNICORN 220 crash test video
FPVStyle UNICORN 220 package includes
- Carbon fiber frame with F3 FC, 2300kv motors, 20A ESC and 700TVL camera;
- 2.4G transmitter;
- 3s 1300 mAh rechargeable battery;
- Balance battery charger;
- 1 set of propellers;
- 5.8G FPV antenna;
- Unicorn 220 user guide.