Frankly, I’m pretty confused regarding this new iDol foldable selfie drone. I’m not clear if it will be released by FUNSNAP or Xiaomi (or both). FUNSNAP iDol AI is a next-generation selfie drone capable to shot full HD selfie videos. Instead of a mechanical gimbal, the manufacturer opted for electronic image stabilization (EIS), which unfortunately has poor performance.
Compared to the Xiaomi MiTu, the FUNSNAP iDol is a more versatile drone. It comes with intelligent flight modes like AI gesture recognition and Follow me. It can be controlled via FunSnap Phone APP or via remote controller.
According to the rumored specs, the FUNSNAP iDol is powered by a high voltage, 2cell 1800 mAh LiPo battery. Due to its compact size (226 x 268 x 43 mm) and low weight (~360 grams) I’m expecting about 10 minutes of flight time.
FUNSNAP iDol quadcopter features & specs
- Foldable design with caged propellers;
- Dual control modes (RC and phone APP);
- GPS positioning system;
- Optical flow sensor;
- Ultrasonic & barometric air-pressure sensors;
- Built-in full HD camera with 1/3″ CMOS image sensor & FOV 77.5° lens;
- WiFi real-time image transmission;
- Intern 8GB storage for videos and photos;
- Max picture resolution:2688×1520;
- Video resolution: 1920×1080@30fps.
In order to allow perfectly stable hovering, in addition to the GPS positioning system, the FUNSNAP iDol quadcopter features Ultrasonic & Barometric air-pressure sensors.
Included with the FUNSNAP iDol drone (RTF):
- Remote controller;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- HV 2s 1800mAh flight battery;
- Battery charger;
- Drone manual.
Where to buy?
Both versions (RTF and BNF) can be found on Banggood. While BNF package is listed for only $179, for RTF package (w/ remote controller) you will need to pay $223. A fairly accessible price considering all the features that brings with it.