The newly announced Global Drone GD96 features a repeater mode transmitter that promises a flight range of 4KM. RC to phone downlink was introduced by DJI a few years ago, before 2020. This approach allows a much longer range and stable transmission than drone-to-phone over WiFi connectivity. In addition, the GD96 quadcopter comes with frontal and real obstacle avoidance sensors, making it a good option for those on a tight budget.
The Global Drone GD96 adopts a collapsible design with a nice carbon fiber-like finish. With folded arms, the drone measures 190 x 95 x 80mm. The aircraft is powered by a 3s (11.4V) 3000mAh battery that allows a flight time of up to 30 minutes.
Equipped with a 4K (3840x2160P) camera and a 3-axis gimbal, the video quality should not disappoint any newcomer to this hobby. Furthermore, the GD96 drone has DJI QuickShot-like autonomous video creative modes like Rocket, Dading, and Spiral Up.
GD96 drone: Key features
- Built-in repeater in the remote control for long-range flights
- Front and rear visual obstacle avoidance function
- GPS/GLONASS double satellite positioning system
- Optical flow positioning mode
- Powerful brushless motors
- 4K HD adjustable camera
- Mechanical three-axis brushless motor gimbal
- Digtal image transmission
- Intelligent flight modes:
- Intelligent follow
- Surround flight
- Waypoint flight
- Trajectory pointing flight
- One key course reversal
- Aircraft retrieval function
- Up to 30 minutes of battery life