Kopis 1 is a high-performance and ultra-durable FPV racing quadcopter from Holybro. Its low-profile design allows centralized weight which means excellent stability. Holybro Kopis 1 features a “Stretched-X” motor layout, highly adopted by professional racing drones. This approach eliminates the influence (“dirty air”) of the rear propellers over the front blades.
Build around the Holybro Kakute F4 all-in-on flight controller, the Kopis 1 drone features multiple flight modes. BetaFlight OSD is included, allowing to remotely monitor your battery level and to change PIDs and Rates.
In order to allow a great balance between raw speed and flight time, the manufacturer opted as propulsion system for the AIR40 2450kv brush-less motors from T-Motor and 3-blade 5045 propellers.
Instead of developing their own FPV camera, Holybro opted to use one from RunCam. The Swift 600TVL is an excellent low-latency camera for FPV flights (check my review here: https://www.firstquadcopter.com/reviews/runcam-swift-camera-review/).
As you can see in the image above, the Holybro Kopis 1 comes with a secondary camera plate. This allows mounting a GoPro or alike camera in order to record the journey of your flight in HD or even 4K.
Holybro Kopis 1 features and specs:
- X-shape ultra-durable (5 mm thick) carbon fiber frame;
- Versatile F4 flight controller with integrated BetaFlight OSD;
- Multiple flight modes (including freestyle);
- Remote battery level monitor and PIDs adjustment;
- 40CH, 5.8G VTX with adjustable broadcast power (15mW, 25mW, 100mW, 200mW, 400mW and 600mW);
- RunCam Swift camera with angle adjustment;
- Programmable LED board;
- Built-in sound buzzer;
- 300g total weight without battery.
The top-notch features and hardware are not cheap at all, the Holybro Kopis 1 is advertised for $299 in a bundle with Frsky XSR receiver.
Holybro Kopis 1 main parts and package content:
- 210 mm sized carbon fiber frame;
- Kakute F4 AIO flight controller;
- 4 pieces of T-motor AIR40 2205 2450KV brushless motors;
- 4 pieces of 30A BLHeli_32 ESCs;
- 5.8G 40CH Atlatl VTX (video transmitter);
- 5.8 GHz antenna;
- 2 sets of 5045 3-blade propellers (4 x CW and 4 x CCW);
- Battery strap;
- GoPro camera mount/stand;
- Status LED board with built-in buzzer;
- Carrying case;
- Kopis 1 user manual.
Unfortunately no flight battery included! Also nothing mentioned about which one you will need, a 3s or 4s one.