Holybro’s new Kopis MINI racing drone was specially designed for DJI’s digital FPV system and it follows the design of the older Kopis 2. It is available with or without on-board DJI Air Unit. The price difference between the two versions is about $US150.
By default, its versatile Kakute F7 HDV flight controller comes with BetaFlight firmware, but it can be flashed with ButterFlight and CleanFlight software as well. The F1507 KV3800 motors are driven by a 4-in-1 45A ESC board.
In addition to the DJI camera, there is possibility to install a second GoPro Session style camera if need it, just like in case of its bigger brother.
The Holybro Kopis Mini features XT30 battery connector and can be powered by 4S LIPO packs. According to the advertised specs, 650~1300mAh capacity is recommended.
Holybro Kopis Mini DJI version highlights
- Specially designed for DJI Air Unit (Digital FPV system from DJI);
- 149mm size 3K carbon fibre frame (3mm thick);
- Kakute F7 HDV flight controller;
- Tekko32 F3 4in1 45A mini ESC;
- Optional DJI Fly Air Unit (camera + VTX);
- F1507 KV3800 brush-less motors w/ T3140 propellers;
- Optional GoPro Hero 5 camera mount;
- XT30 battery plug (4S 650mah~1300mah suggested).
Flight controller specs
- MCU: STM32F745 32-bit processor;
- IMU: MPU6000 (SPI);
- Barometer: BMP280;
- Supports Betaflight, Butterflight, and Cleanflight firmware;
- USB VCP Driver (all UARTs usable simultaneously; USB does not take up a UART);
- 6 hardware UARTS (UART1,2,3,4,6,7);
- All UARTS support hardware inversion;
- SBUS, SmartPort, and other inverted protocols work on any UART without “uninvert hack”;
- Supports serial receivers (SBUS, iBus, Spektrum, Crossfire) only.
- PPM and PWM receivers are not supported!!!!
- Micro SD card slot for Blackbox logging;
- Dimensions: 35 x 35 mm.