Ideafly Grasshopper F210 racing quadcopter for advanced pilots
When it comes to racing quadcopters my first question is “what is the highest achievable speed”. Frankly, before this Ideafly Grasshopper F210 drone I never heard about flight speeds above 200 Km/h. Most of the racers that I reviewed till now had maximum speeds around “only” 100 km/h and for me it was very difficult to control them at their top speed. Think about the reflexes you need in order to pilot this Ideafly F210 racing quad at its insane maximum speed.
Unlike dragonflies (which are the world’s fastest flying insects) the grasshoppers are typically ground-dwelling insects, so I don’t know how IdeaFly came up with the idea to associate their first racing quadcoper with the grasshopper.
IdeFly opted to pair the Grasshopper F210 quad with their l10 transmitter which looks like a rebranded FlySky FS-i6.
Because crashes are almost inevitable, good to know that the manufacturer opted for 3K carbon fiber airframe. The base plate is 3.5 mm thick and the upper plate is 1.5 mm.
The Ideafly F210 drone is built around the popular F3 10DOF flight controller and allows multiple flight modes (fully manual, self-balancing and alt-hold).
In order to allow first person view flights the IdeaFly F210 is equipped with a 700 TVL camera and a 5.8G 200 mW TX module.
During night flights you will be guided by some powerful LED lights (3W).
Ideafly Grasshopper F210 features and specs
- Ultra fast racing quad (230Km/h max speed);
- Multiple flight modes (altitude hold, self-balancing and full manual);
- Durable carbon fiber airframe;
- Versatile F3 10DOF flight controller;
- Powerful 2205 2300KV brushless motors;
- Flycolor RAPTOR 390 BLHeli 2 – 4S 30A (ESCs);
- Bright LED lights (3W);
- 700 TVL FPV camera;
- 5.8G 40 CH 200 mW real-time video transmission.
Although the features and specs are impressive, I consider this quad pretty expensive. GearBest offers it for $ 350 with free shipping and nice carry bag.
In order to make this racer more attractive, Amy from GB sent me two coupon codes: GBBEE (for RTF version) and GBBEEp (for ARF version).
Ideafly F210 test flight video
Included with the Ideafly F210 drone
- 2.4G Transmitter (Ideafly l10);
- 14.8V 1300mAh 45C flight battery;
- 1 set of three-blade propellers (5045);
- 1 set of two-blade propellers (5045BN);
- Balance battery charger (E4);
- Charging cable (banana to XT60);
- 5.8G FPV antenna;
- Instruction manual DVD;
- Carrying bag.