After 5 days of a countdown, the iFlight Alpha A85 HD micro FPV drone has been finally officially revealed. As its name says it’s built on an 85mm size frame and it features HD digital video transmission. Instead of DJI’s FPV Air Unit, iFlight opted to use the lighter Caddx Vista HD VTX.
iFlight Alpha A85 HD features AIO F4 flight controller with an integrated 20A electronic speed controller (ESC). By default, it can be paired with DJI FPV transmitters and FPV goggles. Those who are already on a non-DJI remote controller can opt for DSM XR601T, FlySky XR602, FrSky R-XRS, XM+, or TBS Crossfire Nano RX radio receivers.
All the electronic parts, including the latest generation Caddx Nebula Nano FPV camera are well protected by a plastic canopy. Thanks to the Whoop style blade protectors and powerful brushless motors, the Alpha A85 HD quad is suitable for both indoor and outdoor flights.
Update: The second version of Alpha Whoop will come with analog 5.8G VTX and Caddx Loris 4K camera.
Price and availability
Starting with today, Banggood and other online retailers started to offer the Alpha A85 with digital FPV for US$249.99 + shipping fee. In case you opt for one of the optional radio receivers the price can go up to $278.99. Note: this price does not include flight battery, charger, remote controller, and FPV goggles.
iFlight Alpha A85 HD technical specifications
- 85mm size carbon fiber frame with protective canopy;
- TinyWhoop style duct blade protectors;
- SucceX-D F4 Whoop AIO flight controller with integrated 20A ESC;
- Pre-tuned with smooth cinematic settings;
- XING-E 1204 4500KV motors w/ 2 inch propellers;
- DJI FPV transmitter and goggles compatible;
- 4S LiPo battery compatible (5~7 min flight time with 450mah battery);
Flight controller specifications;
- Micro-USB plug for configuration and firmware upgrade;
- MCU: STM32F411;
- Blackbox: 8MB;
- BEC output: 5V 2A/10V 2A;
- Integrated 4-in-1 BLHeli-S ESC (G-H-30 BLS);
- Size: 30.5 x 30.5mm (5.5 x 25.5mm/φ3mm mounting holes).
Alpha Whoop design