With a payload of up to 2Kg, the iFlight Taurus X8 HD drone can be equipped with professional-grade DSLR photo cameras and digital cinema video cameras like Red Komodo, Z-Cam, or BMPCC. The CNC camera mount allows adjusting camera angles within 5° and 35°.
When it comes to installing an $8000 camera on a flying platform, you expect some kind of redundancy against hardware failure. The Taurus X8 CineLifter comes with 8 rotors and two ESC boards. The manufacturer claims, if one propeller brokes, one motor fails, or one ESC blows, you will still be able to land safely. Furthermore, it has an onboard M8Q-5883-GPS, which can be configured with fail-safe return to home (RC signal loss or Manual trigger).
The iFlight Taurus X8 frame has a 400mm wheelbase and can be equipped with 8-inch propellers. There are two Xing 2806.5 motors installed on one under the other at the end of each arm. Its SucceX-D F7 TwinG V2.1 flight controller has two ICM20689 gyros and 8 motor outs. By default, it comes with BetaFlight 4.0.5 firmware.
iFlight opted to equip their Taurus X8 HD professional flying video platform with a DJI FPV Air unit and DJI FPV camera. The DJI digital FPV transmission is compatible with DJI FPV goggles and FPV remote controllers.
iFlight Taurus X8 HD CineLifter features
- A flying platform for DSLR Red Komodo \ Z-Cam \ BMPCC Cinema Cameras;
- Up to 2Kg payload (camera weight);
- 130Km/hour top speed;
- Adjustable CNC camera mount (5°-35°);
- Redundancy safety (motor/propeller/ESC failure);
- iFlight M8Q-5883-GPS & Compass V2.0;
- 8x Xing 2806.5 motors + 2x SucceX 80A 2-8S 4in1 ESC boards;
- SucceX-D F7 TwinG V2.1 flight controller;
- HQ 8X4X3 propellers;
- On-board DJI Air Unit for HD Digital video transmission (DJI FPV goggles compatible);
- 6S LIPO compatible (4000-5500mAh suggested).
iFlight Taurus X8 frame technical parameters
- X frame layout;
- Wheelbase: 400±2mm;
- Dimensions: 283x283mm;
- Flight controller mounting pattern: 30.5×30.5mm;
- Motor type: 8 x 28xx series (19x19mm mounting pattern);
- Propeller size: 8-inch;
- Build weight: 1547±15 grams (without battery).