iFlight announces one after another new FPV drones featuring DJI’s professional grade digital FPV system. For sure, priced for more than $500, the iFlight TITAN XL5 is not the cheapest 5 inch FPV race drone that you can get right now. In addition to the on-board DJI FPV Air Unit, it features versatile SucceX-D F7 flight controller, high power 50A ESC and GPS positioning system.
iFlight TITAN XL5 HD will be available with two power options. While 4S edition comes with XING 2208 2450KV motors, 6S version is equipped with XING 2208 1800KV ones. Both versions are equipped with same SucceX-D 50A ESC board and Nazgul 5140 3-blade Propellers. For best performance you will need to use LIPO packs with high discharge rate (at least 120C).
According to your existing transmitter, you can opt to purchase the TITAN XL5 drone in bundle with FrSky R-XSR, FrSky XM+ or TBS Crossfire Nanon-RX radio receiver. DJI BNF (bind N fly) package is available as well.
iFlight TITAN XL5 HD features and specs
- Robust 250mm size carbon fibre frame (6mm arms);
- SucceX-D F7 flight controller;
- Pre-installed GPS for more safety at long distance flights;
- 4 in 1 high current (50A) ESC board;
- XING 2208 2450KV (4S) or XING 2208 1800KV (6S);
- 4S and 6S power options (4S 1550mAh 120C or 6S 1300mAh 120C suggested);
- On-board DJI FPV Air Unit digital VTX system;
- GoPro camera mount;
- Optional radio receiver (FrSky R-XSR, FrSky XM+ or TBS Crossfire Nanon-RX).
Main parts details
Flight controller specs
- MCU: 216MHz STM32F722;
- Firmware: IFLIGHT_F722_TWING;
- Gyroscope: 2x ICM20689;
- Barometer: YES;
- Blackbox: 32MB;
- Betaflight OSD: YES;
- BEC: 5V 2.5A / 9V 2.5A;
- Current sensor scale: 100;
- Inverter for SBUS input (UART2-RX);
- SmartAudio & Tramp remote VTX protocol supported;
- Motor outputs: 8;
- BLHeli32 Telemetry: RX5
- Mounting holes: 30.5 * 30.5 mm;
- Dimensions: 36 * 36 mm;
- Weight: 7.5 grams;
- USB type-C plug.
ESC board specifications
- Volts input: 2~6s;
- STM32F051 MCU, 48Mhz Runs BLHELI 32.X Firmware;
- Current sensor: Yes;
- Telemetry: supported;
- Supports: DShot DShot150/300/600/1200/MultiShot/ OneShot;
- Dimension: 43 * 39 mm (30.5 * 30.5 mm mounting holes);
- Weight: 14.4 grams.
- Wheelbase: 250 mm;
- Main body dimension: 185*133 mm;
- Bottom to top distance: 30 mm;
- Arm thickness: 6 mm;
- Bottom plate thickness: 2 mm;
- Top plate thickness: 2 mm;
- Camera plate thickness: 2 mm (2.5mm included TPU inserts);
- Weight: 145 grams.
iFlight TITAN XL5 box content
- TITAN XL5 HD 250mm frame;
- DJI FPV Camera;
- DJI FPV Air Unit Module;
- DJI FPV Air Unit Antenna w/ SMA connector;
- TPU Bracket for DJI Air Unit Module;
- 3D printed TPU Antenna holder for DJI antenna;
- 2x TPU camera side plate soft mount;
- TPU lens cover;
- 3D printed GoPro camera mount;
- iFlight Lipo battery strap;
- 2 pairs of Nazgul 5140 Propeller (Set of 4 – Color May Vary);
- 4x XING 2208 2450KV Motors;
- SucceX-D F7 Flight Controller;
- SucceX BLHeli_32 50A 4in1 ESC;
- 2x MMCX to RP-SMA Female pigtail;
- GPS Module;
- Optional radio receiver.