At first sight, excepting the lack of FPV screen, the iRangeX iRX-IR8M comes with all the features that you can expect from a multi-protocol transmitter. It claims that is capable of controlling most of the popular radio protocols like: FlySky, DSM/DSMX, FrSky, Futaba, Syma, Hubsan and also most of the Chinese protocols adopted by toy grade drones. In addition, iRangeX includes with the iRX-IR8M remote controller a 8 CH PPM / S.BUS mini radio receiver.
iRangeX iRX-IR8M follows the nice game-pad style design of the TBS Tango transmitter. It comes with comfortable, no-slip rubber grips and status LCD with resolution of 128 x 64 pixels.
Thanks to the 4 ball bearings operation, the iRangeX iRX-IR8M must be supper smooth compared to other toy grade remote controllers.
iRangeX iRX-IR8M features and specs
- 8 channel multi-radio transmitter;
- Smooth, quad-bearing gimbals with adjustable stick length and tension;
- Comfortable, no-slip rubber grips.
- Easy-to-read LED-backlit screen (128 x 64 pixels).
- Can store up to 255 different models;
- Flexible transmitter configuration. You can remap any switches or buttons to any purposes. Virtual Channels for additional functionalities are available.
- “4 IN 1” CYRF6936, CC2500, NRF2401 and A7105 modulation;
- i8X-IR8M remote controller can act like a USB drive. Managing models, configuration, icons, and themes is as easy as copying a file;
- Fully configurable themes (including bitmaps and fonts).
- Powered by 2S LiPo battery or 4 pierces of AA type 1.5V batteries.
According to the advertised specs, the iRangeX iRX-IR8M features up to 8 Channels and can store up to 255 different drone models. In order to allows easy firmware upgrade, the transmitter can be connected to your PC via USB link.
iRangeX iRX-IR8M compatibility
- Cyprus CYR6936: DSM/DSMX, JR Pro and Walkera DEVO;
- Texas Instruments CC2500: Frsky and Futaba SFHSS;
- Amiccom A7105: Flysky AFHDS2A and Hubsan;
- Nordic Semiconductor NRF24L01: Hisky, Syma, Assan and most other Chinese Toy drones;
- More possible drone models after TX module upgrade.