As in 2017 the favorites under $100 were the selfie drones, I think in 2018 it will be the ones with GPS positioning system like this JJRC H55 Tracker.
In addition to the common features (like headless mode and alt-hold), the JJRC H55 has precise GPS assisted one key return to home aka RTH. From now on you don’t need to worry about the battery level. When the 610mAh Li-Po is near empty, besides the APP alert, the aircraft will return autonomously to the take-off point and safely land. Advertised flight time is about 9 minutes.
Like its price tag, the H55 Tracker’s remote controller is very toyish, without any status or live-view screen. On front panel, besides the two sticks, there are 6 control buttons and 4 trimming switches. While the left shoulder button allows to toggle between speed rates, the right one engages the RTH.
In front of the aircraft is located a 720P camera which allows to take photos as well as to record aerial videos. Thanks to the WiFi FPV you can display the camera’s live-video feed on your mobile phone.
Features and specs of the JJRC H55 Tracker quadcopter
- GPS positioning system;
- Fail-safe return to home on low battery voltage;
- One key Take-off/Landing;
- GPS assisted one key return to home (RTH);
- Headless mode;
- Altitude hold;
- 720P camera with WiFi FPV;
- Phone APP telemetry;
- Colorful navigation lights;
- Up to 9 minutes of flight time.
Whit wheelbase of only 23.5 cm, the H55 is very compact and can be used not just for outdoor flights, but also for indoors. Note: GPS system properly works only in open-field.
Included with the JJRC H55 drone
- Remote controller with phone holder;
- 2s 610 mAh Li-Po battery;
- Battery charger;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- Screwdriver and spare screws;
- User manual and AR game instruction guide.