At first look, the JJRC X12 drone mixes the cool foldable design of the Mavic Air with the features of the DJI Spark. With an advertised price of just $US270, it could be a great flight season ending gift.
The 1080P anti-shake camera features 5G WiFi real-time image transmission, remote angle adjustment and digital zoom.
Thanks to the GPS assisted fail-safe return to home feature, the JJRC X12 will autonomously return to the take-off point if the flight battery is near empty or communication is lost with the RC.
Like the Spark, the X12 AURORA from JJRC also features intelligent flight modes (follow me & circle hovering). Furthermore it has beginner friendly Geo-fence flight space limitation.
JJRC X12 AURORA features
- Backpack friendly foldable design;
- GPS positioning system;
- Super stable indoor hovering (Ultra-sonic & Barometer positioning);
- On-board Full HD (1080P) camera;
- PTZ remote camera angle adjustment (-90 degree to 0 degree);
- Anti-shake 3-axis gimbal;
- 5G WiFi real-time video transmission (up to 1KM FPV range);
- Geo-fence enabled beginner mode;
- Fail-safe auto return to home (RC signal loss and Low battery);
- Gravity sensor control;
- Intelligent flight modes (like: Waypoint flight, Point of interest and Auto follow);
- Up to 1200 meters control range;
- About 25 minutes of airborne time.
Price & Availability
Shortly after its announcement, everyone started to look for this drone. GeekBuying was between the first online retailer who started to sell it. They have six package versions in two colors. While the cheapest option (1080P camera, one battery and bag) is listed for $249.99, the more expensive 4K edition with 3 batteries for $355.99.
JJRC X12 box content: What you get for $270?
- X12 AURORA Foldable drone with camera;
- Remote controller;
- Phone holder;
- 11.4V/2400mAh flight battery;
- Battery charger;
- USB charging cable for RC;
- 1 pair of spare propellers;
- Hex wrench;
- Drone manual.