Kylin KF-250 first person view racer
Just published my Runner 250 Advance review and already have my eye on another racing quadcopter, the Kylin KF-250. Built around the CC3D flight controller, it can be a very serious competitor on its segment.
As I mentioned many times, racing quadcopters are full of fun but, in my opinion, there are suitable only for advanced pilots.
Unlike the previously mentioned model, this Kylin KF-250 comes with a canopy which creates a more “finished” look. Of course, nothing is for “free”, because there is no more space to install an additional camera.
This model brings a new concept, it is delivered with two sets of arms with different sizes. This way you can have a smaller (250mm) racing quadcopter with 5″ propellers or a bigger one (280mm) with 6″ propellers.
Powered with a 3 cell 2200mAh battery, this racer has about 10-15 minutes of flight autonomy.
The Kylin KF-250 comes with a nice 9 channel remote controller which provides about 1500 control range. Thanks to the 2.8″ color display, the Radiolink AT9 allows to real time display useful flight parameters.
Kylin KF-250 quadcopter highlights
- Multi-layered airframe for durability;
- CC3D flight controller;
- 20A ESCs;
- 2204-2300 KV brushless motors (CW / CCW);
- 800TVL HD camera with 5.8G 32ch real time image transmission;
- OSD telemetry;
- Radiolink AT9 remote controller (9 channels);
- The battery position is right on the central gravity, allowing balanced and precise flight characteristics;
- 10-15 minutes of flight time;
- About 1500 control range.
Kylin KF-250 RTF package includes
- Racing quadcopter with CC3D flight controller;
- 3s 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po battery;
- Balance battery charger with power adapter;
- 2 sets of propellers (5″ and 6″);
- 1set of 280mm motor arms;
- 5.8GHz mushroom antenna (for FPV);
- Kylin KF-250 user manual.