After a long absence, MJX comes back with a very promising GPS-enabled folding drone. The MJX BUGS 16 PRO features a true EIS 4K camera installed on a 3-axis gimbal. The camera is capable of recording 3840×2160 videos with 30fps and FullHD 1080P with 60fps. The camera has a 1/3 inch CMOS image sensor and a 2.96mm f2.0 lens that provides a 120° field of view.
According to the advertised specs, the 3S 3200mAh modular battery allows up to 28 minutes of flight time. The battery can be charged in just one hour using a fast USB PD charger.
Thanks to the fail-safe return to home function, the MJX B16Pro drone will automatically return to the take-off point in case of RC signal loss or low flight battery voltage. RTH can be triggered manually as well.
The MJX BUGS 16 PRO features lots of intelligent flight modes includes Follow me and Point of interest.
Price and availability
Starting with May 10, the B16 MJX drone can be ordered from Banggood with one battery for US$259.99. This price includes a set of spare propellers and fast charging cable. If you need longer flight time, there is also an option to ‘fly more combo‘ packs with 3 flight batteries, for extra 80 bucks. Note: expected shipping time is starting with May 27.
MJX BUGS 16 PRO features and specs
- Compact size with folding arms;
- 2204 1000KV brushless motors + 12A ESC + folding props;
- GPS + OFP positioning;
- True 4K camera with 3-axis gimbal and electronic image stabilization (EIS);
- 1/3 inch CMOS image sensor with 120° FOV;
- 3840×2160@30fps and 1080P@60fps video formats;
- 5Ghz WIFI（802.11.ac）real-time image transmission (720P@30fps FPV);
- 40km/h max. flying speed and level 4 wind resistance;
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow me, Point of interest, and TapFly);
- Up to 28 minutes of battery life;
- About 800 meters control distance.
Included accessories with the MJXR/C B16Pro drone
- Remote controller;
- 11.4V 3200mAh flight battery (1, 2 or 3);
- PD and USB charging cables;
- Set of spare propellers;
- Drone user guide.