The MJX Bugs 5W is one of the most versatile drones around 200 dollars currently in the drone industry. It is the latest model of the popular MJX R/C drone brand. The MJX B5W quadcopter features strong brushless motors (MT1806 1800Kv), a super cool design and GPS positioning system.
In order to allow smooth aerial video, the Bugs 5W’s camera features 1-axis gimbal. The camera’s real-time video feed can be displayed on your phone through the “Bugs GO” APP.
According to the manufacture’s specs, the 2s 1800mAh LiPo battery allows up to 15 minutes flight autonomy.
MJX Bugs 5W features and specs
- Cool sporty design;
- GPS positioning system;
- Powerful brushless motors with independent ESCs;
- Full HD camera with integrated 1axis gimbal
- Long range WiFi real-time image transmission (FPV);
- Headless and altitude hold modes;
- Precise one key return to home (RTH);
- One key to take-off and land;
- LED lights for night flights;
- 2.4G remote controller with built-in buzzer alarm;
- Up to 15 minutes flight autonomy.
MJX includes with their Bugs 5W drone a nice black remote controller. The transmitter has dedicated buttons for auto return to home, take-off and landing. In addition to the status LED lights, the RC has a built-in buzzer which will alarm you in case it loses connection with the drone or your flight battery’s voltage goes down to critical levels. The dual antenna system offers about 500 meters control range.
Included with the B5W GPS drone
- Remote controller;
- 7.4V, 1800mAh 25C flight battery;
- Battery charger;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- User guide.
MJX Bugs 5W 4K 2019 edition
MJX just announced an upgraded version of the B5W with 4K camera. As you can see in the image bellow there is not much design change, excepting the 4K logo on the left arm.
The new MJX Bugs 5W 4K is capable to record 3840×2160@20fps videos. The 5G WIFI (802.11.ac) real-time image transmission has range of about 200-300 meters. The camera features 1/2.7″ image sensor and 120 degree field of view.
Last update 10/17/2019