MJX R/C, one of the most popular toy drone brands, just released another model named MG-1. This new drone seems to be an excellent choice for beginner and intermediate-like pilots. MJX MG-1 features a cool folding design, GPS positioning, powerful brushless motors, and a 4K camera.
The 4K main camera is installed on a 2-axis gimbal that is combined with electronic image stabilization (EIS). MJX MG-1 is capable of recording 4K videos with 16fps or 1080p with 60fps. To display the drone’s live-video feed you will need a 5Ghz WIFI compatible phone. Through the X-Drone mobile APP, you have also access to intelligent flight mods such as Follow me or Tap to Fly.
According to the advertised specs, the 2S 2950mAh modular battery allows up to 25 minutes of flight time. The LI-Polymer pack has 4-charing level indicator LEDs.
Price and availability
Starting with November 6, the MJX MG-1 can be ordered from Banggood for $239.00 with one battery or $289 with three batteries. This price includes one set of spare propellers and a USB charging cable.
MJX MG-1 features and specs
- Back-pack friendly collapsible design (160*86*70mm with folding arms);
- 1503 type 2900KV brushless motors (level-4 wind resistance);
- GPS+Optical Flow+Barometer positioning;
- 4K EIS camera with 2-axis gimbal and on-board recording (micro SD slot);
- 3840×2160@16FPS or 1920×1080@60FPS video recording;
- 5GHz WIFI real-time video transmission (720P@20FPS – 450 meters);
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow me, Point of interest, and TapFly);
- About 600 meters control range;
- Up to 25 minutes battery life.