Back in 2017, when the first generation of RunCam Split has been announced, it was considered a game-changer FPV camera. The 2in1 approach offered low-latency and on-board recording at the same time. Now, the new RunCam Split 4 goes even further and it has a smaller size and 4K recording.
If you are into flying micro drones and want to get UHD videos, or you are a racer and want 4K footage without the extra weight of a GoPro, what’s not to like about the Split 4? Furthermore, settings can be changed from the flight controller via a UART serial port.
Thanks to the wide range of input voltage, it can be powered from 2S to 4S LIPO batteries. Or directly from ESC’s 5v BEC.
RunCam Split 4 features and specs
- 2 in 1 design (camera + DVR module);
- Sony 13MP sensor;
- 140-degree field of view;
- 4K@30fps, 2.7K@60fps, 2.7K@50fps or 1080P@60fps recording;
- Low latency (average of 55ms);
- Wide range of input voltage (5-20V);
- UART control possibility;
- 14 * 14 mm camera module and 29 * 29 mm DVR board;
- 128GB (U3 suggest) max Micro SD capacity.