Back in 2017, when the first generation of RunCam Split has been announced, it was considered a game changer FPV camera. The 2in1 approach offered low-latency and on-board recording in the same time. Now, the new RunCam Split 4 goes even further and it has a smaller size and 4K recording.
If you are into flying micro drones and want to get UHD videos, or you are a racer and want 4K footage without the extra weight of a GoPro, what’s not to like about the Split 4? Furthermore, settings can be changed from flight controller via UART serial port.
Thanks to the wide range of input voltage, it can be powered from 2S to 4S LIPO batteries. Or directly from ESC’s 5v BEC.
RunCam Split 4 features and specs
- 2 in 1 design (camera + DVR module);
- Sony 13MP sensor;
- 140 degree field of view;
- 4K@30fps, 2.7K@60fps, 2.7K@50fps or 1080P@60fps recording;
- Low latency (average of 55ms);
- Wide range of input voltage (5-20V);
- UART control possibility;
- 14 * 14 mm camera module and 29 * 29 mm DVR baord;
- 128GB (U3 suggest) max Micro SD capacity.