RunCam Swift Mini camera for FPV racing quadcopters
Although the RunCam Swift Mini is much smaller than its predecessor, it has the same weight (12g). In my opinion RC should also focus to reduce the weight of their FPV cameras. Currently there are on the market AIO VTX cameras that weight only 4 grams.
Thanks to the wide input voltage range, this RC Swift Mini camera can be used with up to 9s Li-Po batteries (36V). Note: if you want to use it with 1s Li-Po (3.7V) you will need a 3.7v to 5v boost converter.
On the backside of the camera there are two tiny connectors. Through the two-pin plug (right one) can be connected the included OSD cable which allows to configure and fine tune the Swift Mini camera. The second connector(5-36V, GND and Video) allows to power the camera and connect to a wireless image transmission module (5.8G VTX).
RunCam Swift Mini features and specs
- SONY Super HAD II CCD image sensor (1/3″);
- 600TVL horizontal resolution;
- Optional 2.5mm, 2.3mm or 2.1mm lens;
- Wide input voltage rage, DC 5V to 36V;
- Excellent light senility, 0.01Lux/1.2F min. illumination;
- Electronic shutter speed for NTSC video standard is 1/60 to 1/100,000sec;
- Digital Wide Dynamic Range (D-WDR);
- Digital Noise Reduction (2DNR);
- OSD menu;
- Auto Day/Night mode;
- CVBS (RCA) video output for real-time image transmission:
- Ultra compact design, 22.3mm x 22mm x 27mm;
- 12g net weight.
You can opt to purchase this new RunCam FPV camera with one of these lenses:
- 2.5mm – 130 degree field of view;
- 2.3mm – 150 degree field of view;
- 2.1mm – 165 degree field of view.
RunCam includes with the Swift Mini camera the followings:
- Aluminum mounting bracket;
- ABS camera bracket;
- Set of mounting screws;
- 5D-OSD menu cable;
- 3pin FPV / VTX silicone cable;
- 2pin extension cord for menu cable
- User manual.