SJRC has some very promising drones under $500, and this F22S Pro is the best of all. The SJRC F22S GPS-enabled quadcopter has an EIS gimbal stabilized 4K camera, a laser-assisted obstacle avoidance system, and an outstanding battery life.
The drone has a battery life of 35 minutes, which is on the upper end for low-cost consumer drones. However, this is the official flight time, usually calculated if you fly in perfect conditions. So, expect something more in the range of 25-27 minutes, which is still a reasonable flight time for such an affordable drone. The intelligent battery has four charging indicator LEDs.
With folded arms measures 210 * 95 * 80mm and weighs 585 grams – meaning that you need to register it with FAA. Its powerful brushless motors provide excellent stability even in windy conditions.
Pricing and availability
The SJRC F22S drone can be ordered from Banggood with a starting price of US$249.99 with one battery or $361.99 with two batteries. These prices include a pair of spare propellers and charging cables.
- Compact size with folding design (210 * 95 * 80mm);
- 4K camera with EIS gimbal and remote angle adjustment (80°);
- Photo resolution：3840* 2160P(phone) / 3840*2160P(SD card)
- Video resolution：1280*720P(phone) / 3840* 2160P(SD card)
- Camera Lens: F2.15, FOV 100°
- SD Card 32G-128G（optional)
- GPS one-click returns to the takeoff point, low power return, no signal return.
- Gesture shooting and recognition: within a 1-3m distance from the aircraft, make photo gestures/camera gestures in front of the camera.
- Multi-point route planning flight: The aircraft flies autonomously according to the preset route, and the player focuses on shooting.
- Fixed point surrounds: find the center of the surround, and then move the desired radius through the rocker.
- Aircraft retrieval function: Click the GPS signal icon three consecutive times to open the map interface, and the map shows the last distance of the aircraft’s Latitude and longitude.
- Picture and video sharing: single or multiple selections to share photos; video can only be transferred once.
- Up to 3.5KM video transmission range;
- About 35 minutes of battery life.
I actually do like this drone. It’s easy to use once you figure out the on button for the remote. The battery life is not the best, but for this price is decent. I would recommend the F22S for beginners.
Please, help me to solve this problem with my F22S
Where can I find a firmware update for my F22s drone?
This is a great beginner drone for its price point, it comes with a carrying case, a backup battery (2 batteries total), and a comfortable remote controller.
I have bought a SJRC f22s and would like to know if the remote connector cable can be detached or not? I am using iPhone XR without type C connector.
Thanks, and regards,
I got the SJRC F22S last week. It is my first drone. It was very easy to learn the controls and fly. Battery life is great, but I still plan to purchase some spare batteries to achieve longer flying time. Overall, I’m very pleased with the quality of this quad
I need the manual and the international certificate for the drone sjrc f22s 4k pro. I need that to my county’s regulations. Do you have it ?
I have recently purchased a sjrc F22s 4k pro drone. The operating manual is completely in Chinese. Do you have an operating manual in English that I can purchase.
Unfortunately not yet, but if we found it will be published here https://www.firstquadcopter.com/tag/user-manual/
there is any running deal on the F22?
Great new drone, replacement for the people’s F11s 4K PRO. Now a reinforced battery for 3500, optical sensors, a flashlight and most importantly, this is the presence of a modified SJRC FREE application, where an altitude of 500 meters and a flight range of 5000 meters are unlocked!
can you send a tutorial or app where you unlocked 500m altitude??
these are supposed to be “affordable” drones, getting the price of DJI quads. Two years ago, the SJRC F22S would have of its actual price.