We are happy to introduce you between the firsts, the Syma W1 GPS enabled drone. It is so new, that is not even listed on the manufacturer’s website yet. As my first drone was a X5C, I’m an old fan of Syma drones.
From the first rumors we found, results that the SYMA W1 will feature
only smartphone APP control. Frankly, usually I don’t like this approach due the WiFi range limitations. Taking into consideration its compact size and that it is powered by a 2s/1300mAh battery I’m expect about 10 minutes flight time.
Unfortunately, as you can see in the image above, the Syma W1 doesn’t seems to have a motorized camera gimbal. Even it is capable to record videos with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, the results will be not so amazing.
SYMA W1 quadcopter features & specs
- GPS positioning system;
- Powerful brushless motors;
- Phone APP control;
- Barometric air-pressure sensor (alt-hold);
- Headless flight mode;
- One key return to home;
- Smart flight modes for easy operation (Smart following & Point of interest);
- Gesture control for photography and shooting;
- On-board full HD 1080P camera;
- 720P real-time transmission over 5G WiFi;
- 7.6V 1300mAh LiPo battery.