Certainly this time Walkera achieved high, their new MR drone is the first model that mixes virtual reality with the real world. Using Walkera MR Drone with the specially designed VR APP you can transform any boring flight field into a Star Wars scene. In my opinion, Walkera came up with this idea after seeing Pokémon GO’s incredible success.
The acronym “MR” comes from “Mixed Reality” sometimes is also mentioned as “hybrid reality”. This technology by mixing the real world with virtual elements creates new environments. Practically physical and digital objects co-exist and interact in real-time in order to obtain the ultimate flight experience.
Looking carefully at the images with the Walkera MR Drone I found that its design is not as high-tech as the manufacturer claims. Honestly, it reminds me about their Runner 250 Advanced which is a 2 years old model.
I will update this post with more details soon as Walkera reveals them. I also will try to obtain a sample of this Walkera MR Drone in order to review it.
Walkera MR Drone highlights
- Mixed reality technology;
- VR immersive flights;
- VR simulation mode;
- MR flight mode;
- Multiplayer mode;
- Virtual racing scenes;
- Battle mode;
- Real-time high definition video transmission;
- 800 TVL HD camera with record function;
- Compatible with the Devo F18 transmitter;
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor flights;
- Turning lights;
- Up to 10 minutes playtime.
First video with the MR drone
Included with the Walkera MR Drone
- Devo F18 remote controller with built-in 6000mAh Li-Po;
- 3s 2200 mAh flight battery;
- 2 sets of propellers;
- Phone holder;
- Game box;
- Walkera MR Drone instruction guide.