While all the Walksnail community is waiting for the new AVATAR HD V2 FPV goggles, CaddxFPV released a new VTX with dual antenna for better range and penetration. The upgraded Walksnail Avatar HD VTX V2 has also a more “finished” design and extra 20x20mm mounting points. In addition to the FC connector, it has spare soldering pads. The bind button has been repositioned to be more accessible for the pairing process.
The Avatar HD V2 VTX has a wide range of power input and can be powered from 6V (2S) to 25.2V (6S). The unit has 32GB internal memory for onboard recording.
For the first time “4K compatibility” is shown in the Walksnail ecosystem. According to Caddx the dual-antenna V2 VTX will be compatible with the upcoming 4K FPV cameras. It is not clear yet, if the AVATAR system will be also capable of recording UHD (3840x2160p) like DJI’s O3 Air Unit.
Key upgrades of the new Avatar HD V2 Second Edtion
- [Two antenna design] To provide better range and penetration the V2 VTX SE has two antennas. Optimized the installation place of the antenna, it’s better to protect the VTX.
- [Dual mounting pattern] The kit includes 20mm x 20mm and 25mm x 25mm mounting holes for greater compatibility with a wider range of FPV drone models.
- [Improvide PCB design] Updated the design of PCB board and shell, improved the quality of VTX, more durable. The VTX has a spare power pad, providing an extra opportunity for welding.
- [More accessible bind button] The position of the frequency binding button has been changed, to make the frequency binding operation more convenient.
- [32GB memory for more footage] The Avatar VTX comes with 32g built-in storage it can record 1080P or 720P HD fly videos without interference. 32G built-in storage, recording video time increased by 4 times.
- [Up to 6S power input supported] New VTX with enhanced TVS protection and support for up to 6S. With a wide input voltage the range of 6V to 25.2V, our VTX delivers unmatched stability. Enjoy unparalleled performance and take your FPV adventures to new heights with our cutting-edge technology.
Avatar HD VTX V2 SE technical specifications
|Mounting Holes||25.5*25.5mm & 20*20mm|
|Antenna ports||Two IPEX|
|Wide Power Input||6V-25.2V (2-6S)|
|Transmitter Power||(EIRP) FCC:<30dBm; CE:<14dBm; SRRC:<20dBm; MIC:<25dBm|
|Supported FC OS||Betaflight, Inav, Fettec, ArduPilot, and Kiss|
|OSD Canvas mode||Yes|
|Latency||Average delay 22ms|